you still use hops in your beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Was into 'true beer' long before those heathens decided to ruin it all with their Reinheitsgebot."

Medieval-Drinking.jpg

You can cut the condescending tone any time 2015 join daters

Seriously? You're using "join date" as a metric to put yourself above others in this thread? You're pulling rank because you signed up in 2009? You have no idea how long some of these "2015 join daters" have been brewing beer or what their skill levels are.

The irony here is that you used the ad hominem insult in the same sentence as where you admonish someone else's "condescending tone."

I didn't read all 5 pages so someone may have already stated this but I was under the impression that true "beer" required hops and without the beverage should only be referred to as Ale or Gruit.

We already live in a world where people have created synthetic wine by analysing the chemical components of wine and building a blend of them in a lab. One could probably do so with beer, especially with the various hop extracts which mean no "hop" would ever see the liquid but it could still be argued to be "true beer"....

And folks in Korea might be more amenable to such things because they haven't got beer brewing traditions running quite as deep as some other places.

I didn't read all 5 pages so someone may have already stated this but I was under the impression that true "beer" required hops and without the beverage should only be referred to as Ale or Gruit.

Do yourself a favor and read the previous 5 pages. Not because you'll learn anything, but because its a very entertaining read! :ban:

On that note... SO happy I just found this thread. It reminds me of the Gary Oak thread (please tell me some of you remember him)

You can set the forum to display 40 posts per page so less than 2 pages.

From reading his earlier posts I think OP could be related to Kim Jong Un so tread lightly. He may be on a hit list.

You are not reading my original post. I never said i wanted to make True Beer, its just adream. I want to try to learn about True Beer processes.
I told you.

You are not reading my original post. I never said i wanted to make True Beer, its just adream. I want to try to learn about True Beer processes.
I told you.

If thats the case, then why are you so adverse to posting your recipes? This is a forum, we post stuff here to learn from others. You have done none of that. All you have done is managed to come off as being a giant troll and extremely condescending

Do yourself a favor and read the previous 5 pages. Not because you'll learn anything, but because its a very entertaining read! :ban:

On that note... SO happy I just found this thread. It reminds me of the Gary Oak thread (please tell me some of you remember him)

Wasn't Gary Oak the guy who made the greatest beer in the world? :ban:

I'm glad I made my monthly voyage over here to enjoy this worthless thread.

Can you guys not see that Fred is clearly a cat, of his own admission?

Cheers!

Korea is not well known for its beer. Red rock was my beer of choice when I lived there

Korea is not well known for its beer. Red rock was my beer of choice when I lived there

what does that even mean? im not korean, and im obviously not copying macro swill. red rock is **** for people who imagine it is different simply because of the caramel colour they add to it anyway

Where are the threads with this one they call Gary Oak, seems like they would be an entertaining read.

Gary Oak? Was he the guy who had already been kicked out of a forum, told that story, and got kicked out of this forum?

Because OMG if you put anything different in your beer it isn't beer anymore.

Gary Oak? Was he the guy who had already been kicked out of a forum, told that story, and got kicked out of this forum?

Was he the guy who made all the hilarious YouTube How-To's that said you needed to brew with long sleeves and a dust mask to keep germs out of your beer and was basically stalking CraigTube?

Yes. He said he got banned from BA and started ranting on people who add peppers and ketchup to beer

Was he the guy who made all the hilarious YouTube How-To's that said you needed to brew with long sleeves and a dust mask to keep germs out of your beer and was basically stalking CraigTube?

Not that I know of

This sounds like takesomeadvice. Was Gary Oak his real name? It looks like all his content has been removed from youtube.

It was my understanding that a fermented beverage made from grains and herbs was considered a gruit. Beer is a fermented beverage made with malted grains and hops.

I'm in the "hop for balanced flavors" group. I just can't deal with the 90IBU and "over hop absolutely everything" fad.

I’ve never seen the Gary Oak threads, but I do remember a guy who was always trolling CraigTube. That must be the same dude. He was really annoying, and seemed to always be chewing gum.

I’ve never seen the Gary Oak threads, but I do remember a guy who was always trolling CraigTube. That must be the same dude. He was really annoying, and seemed to always be chewing gum.

It was this guy (takesomeadvice) who was always trolling craigtube. Was Gary Oak the same person? His channel has no public content anymore.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM4oPYfHCwk[/ame]

Its not a gruit. It is beer that is down to the bare bones of what beer is and yhen ratcheted up again in my own style. You can be critical all you want. I cant really release my details as they are confidential in preparation for my launch.

You can cut the condescending tone any time 2015 join daters

:D :D :D

Good luck with that "launch."

i have kind of been doing my own thing for a long time, really getting into True Beer. I haven't even thought of hops in ages. Do you STILL use hops???

Kind of says your brewing true beer in first post.

Would you call breathing and eating a "hobby"?

This is why i only brew True Beer.

Now you defiantly say you brew true beer. (from a different post)

I told you.

What? :confused:

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back