You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leadgolem said:
I'm sorry, but that's sad. Some people simply don't like beer.

I agree. My wife is the complete opposite of me in so many ways. We don't have to be clones. We can complement each other. Yin and Yang.

She's also not a big beer fan. She is very supportive of the hobby and helps me brew and bottle. She tastes everything I make but rarely drinks a whole one. It's nice to always have a designated driver though.

It also says a lot about a person, their choices. Their hobbies, their likes and dislikes all affect one's relationship. So being choosy to find a person you are compatible with is worse how than all the people here who have second bank accounts, and or only order new equipment when their wife isn't around because they are spending thousands on gear and can't tell her?

Personally I'd rather be able to share my passions and my hobbies with my wife, and I can. Because I weeded out all the ones that weren't compatible with my lifestyle.

I think she's on the path to happiness personally but what do I know.

My wife is OK with the brewing hobby under a few conditions that I understand and can live with. Coordinate with her for a brew day, keep spending under control, try not to stack up too many batches (not much storage at our house) and don't take over the garage fridge (we got it to keep soda and food for parties).

When you don't think twice about putting a Pyrex flask on the gas cook top you know you are a home brewer!

I agree. My wife is the complete opposite of me in so many ways. We don't have to be clones. We can complement each other. Yin and Yang.

She's also not a big beer fan. She is very supportive of the hobby and helps me brew and bottle. She tastes everything I make but rarely drinks a whole one. It's nice to always have a designated driver though.

Sounds like what I have:D

bleme said:

Sounds like my wife. Mine don't like beer, but doesn't say anything about my brewing hobby (unless I blow the budget on ingredients, which is very rare). I also make wine, which she likes, so it's a win-win for me. My kids, on the other hand, love to help brew, and appreciate the time and effort it takes...

i was watching one of Heston Blumenthal's tv shows the other day and he was trying to make a giant teabag. all i could think was "why doesnt he use voile?"

It also says a lot about a person, their choices. Their hobbies, their likes and dislikes all affect one's relationship. So being choosy to find a person you are compatible with is worse how than all the people here who have second bank accounts, and or only order new equipment when their wife isn't around because they are spending thousands on gear and can't tell her?

Personally I'd rather be able to share my passions and my hobbies with my wife, and I can. Because I weeded out all the ones that weren't compatible with my lifestyle.

I think she's on the path to happiness personally but what do I know.
Bleme said it better then I was going to. :)

When you find a single hop pellet while sweeping the living room . At first I couldn't figure out why it was inside , but then realized I did dry hop a beer about 3 weeks ago.

When your insulated lunch bag smells like hops from serving double duty as a hops and yeast transport cooler.

russrob81 said:
I started back to school this summer and have noticed improved note taking

I'm working a grad degree in American history, and I was pleased to confirm that Samuel Adams really did brew beer

mysteryshrimp said:
When you don't tell them to save bottles for you, but they do anyway.

My boss has given me over 50 Grolsch bottles, 14 food grade buckets with lids, and hooked me up with the owner of a sushi restaurant for more bombers than I want to clean.

I think he likes my beer.....

When everytime you hear the coffee pot gurgling you automatically assume it's the fermentor. Even when you know the fermentation is over and the beer has been racked over. :confused:

pb

When you wake up at 2am to outfit your imperial stout with a blowoff tube, then allow the sound of the rhythmic gurgling of it through the chest freezer to put you back to sleep.

Also when your fermentation fridge looks like this:

image-1339865068.jpg

And you're already scheduling brew days to refill those fermenters when they empty.

Back