You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have little temp control atm. that's the ichibon reason. But that's gunna change startin next month on retiree payday. Gunna start building a fermentation chamber to fit the top of my fermenter stand. Small a/c unit with Johnson controller. gunna plug that sucker into my big johnson & where it out! :D

Haha, fair enough, guilty as charged. :) But still - "too hot to brew??" Come on, suck it up - it's for beer! I brewed a double IPA last night in my garage and when I was done, my shirt was soaked. I needed a shower.

I would agree assuming he has decent temp control for fermenting. It's always hot and humid here in Florida.

Hey,I shoot to thrill! :D Just like Big Johnson Racing...it takes real B**** to drive this fast! Old Teste Brothers from Joe Cartoon...

When washing brewing gear with oxyclean you notice the kids sippy cups are getting grungy and toss them in before draining the sink. Then follow up sanitizing them just to be safe before putting them on the drying rack.

I did the oxyclean soak with baby's bath toys yesterday. Wifey asked if that's enough and I said "I use this for my beer bottles, of course it is!"

When you are having a conversation with a friend as I was today, talking about the "Blonde you did last weekend", and you really are referring to the batch of Centennial Blonde you brewed the past Saturday...

When your teen age son brings home a permission slip for you to sign for his field trip to Fermi Lab and your first thought is what sort of yeast strains can he bring home.

new to the forum

BrewLew

When your teen age son brings home a permission slip for you to sign for his field trip to Fermi Lab and your first thought is what sort of yeast strains can he bring home.

new to the forum

BrewLew

Firstly, excellent 1st post. Secondly, that's awesome. Please update on the outcome.

Ha, I think it's been too hot here and it hasn't even hit 90! We've had heatwave warnings and everything!!

Signed,

An Englishman.

Our wild temperature swings (-35f in the dead of winter to 95f with 70% humidity in summer, simetimes hotter) and I have never felt it was too hot or cold to brew.

Signed,

A North Dakotan.

You sparge your Cheerios

You've skipped out on helping with the dishes to wash bottles in the garage.

You think bread is a waste of yeast.

-ben

Had an electrician in to rewire a light this week. He finished the job early while I was still out at work so I didn't get to give him a couple of bottles for a tip.
:(

You are taking inventory of your empty bottles and find a case of full ones that you forgot about and then run upstairs to post your good fortune.

When after 10 years of marriage today is the first time you contemplate actual domestic violence because the wife and friend drank all YOUR beer you had ready for a cookout today and you had a keg just for her for her birthday gift last week :rage:

Proving once again that shiz happens. Mine loved my beers,but now due to medicval stuff can't drink any & won't brew anymore. So I'm at the opposite end. :( She gives me a knowing look when I complain about finally getting good at brewing all the way up to pm,& I'm the only one that can drink'em.
Damn.:(

When you cut a hole in the garage closet so you can install an a/c unit for your new ferm room.

B6DDE088-F952-4E12-B38D-2A1A7231F7A8-198-000000DEABB9FAB0_zps4203846f.jpg

When you curse yourself for not having paid attention to all the amazing beer culture you were lucky enough to witness when growing up (Plžen brewery, growing up in Cologne, two times Oktoberfest, being in boarding school with the son of a head brew master at a Kölsch brewery etc)

Seriously. Up until this year I didn't even understand why people would get excited about being in a brewery except for getting free beer. I am a convert now.

When u have three ipa recipes to brew but can't stop thinking about the RIS I'm going to brew for this fall

When you walk outside in the morning and catch a whiff of the unmistakable smell of boiling wort, then spend 10 minutes walking up and down the alley trying to find out which of your neighbors is also a brewer.

JonM said:
When you walk outside in the morning and catch a whiff of the unmistakable smell of boiling wort, then spend 10 minutes walking up and down the alley trying to find out which of your neighbors is also a brewer.

This happened to me a couple weeks back. Only I was at a friends house. And when I found the guy, he turned out to be a real a**hole. Sucks.

^ that sucks , but here's one , I was heading my nieces birthday party 2 hours away , wife kid and I get about 30 min away , car wreck traffic slow for an hour and half so we miss the party , ( stil hung out for a little while let the kids play ) on the way back home we stop by the Homebrew shop since there is non by us and spend 70 $ on grains hops for 2 beers ! Might as well make the trip worth it am I right !

I had kind of the opposite happen at my old place. I was brewing and a car rolled down the alley. It passed my garage, stopped, and backed up. Driver says, "hey! Ya brewing?" and we chit-chatted for a bit. Turns out the guy was a former employee at one of our coolest and oldest local craft breweries and he grows hops in his yard. Cool guy. Too bad I moved away from that neighborhood a month later.

Our postman always gets out to smell what I'm brewing. I give him a bottle from time to time. He's a pretty cool guy, been our postman the whole ten years we've had this house.

.......when you suddenly realize that you have 36 cases of empty bottles and tell yourself that they will be filled someday.

I need to get rid of a few.

When you have a family get together this week. But, to YOU it means an excuse to brew with your brother in law, and have a sampling of your other brother in laws second ever batch!

JonM said:
I had kind of the opposite happen at my old place. I was brewing and a car rolled down the alley. It passed my garage, stopped, and backed up. Driver says, "hey! Ya brewing?" and we chit-chatted for a bit. Turns out the guy was a former employee at one of our coolest and oldest local craft breweries and he grows hops in his yard. Cool guy. Too bad I moved away from that neighborhood a month later.

Awesome! Same thing happened to me this past Thursday!

Latest posts

Back