You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you load your suitcase full of grains, hops and yeast (in a cold pack) for your flight back to Japan and imagine the look on the TSA guys' faces when they open that bad boy up to see what on earth is in there.

When you go to Michael's Crafts to get something for the wife to finish our daughters dance recital outfit and you spend 30 minutes walking around the store looking for something you could use for anything homebrew related.

Found some nice crates but they wanted $14 for them, I can build them for $5 :)

h-bar said:
When the requirements for your next house are that it should have a small guest house to be used specifically for brewing.

Glad I'm not the only one, although I'm just asking for an extra stall in the garage.

When the requirements for your next house are that it should have a small guest house to be used specifically for brewing.

Or when you here that house prices have gone up an average of 9% and think "that means I could extend my mortgage to build a brewshed with the extra equity I should have now!"

You put several hundred dollars worth of stainless steel equipment into a $20 refrigerator and are somehow surprised when the whole thing fails.

BreezyBrew said:
That's amazing that Japanese customs allow that to be brought into the country.

It was a special circumstance. I knew customs wasn't going to open it, or I might not have dared.

When you buy beer because you like the bottles and the beer is just a plus.
Why else would I buy a 6 pack of Lucky Buddha beer!
Surprisingly a decent beer. A plain, flavor lacking pilsner, but nothing bad about it at all.

When your ability to take coherent notes improves dramatically, from taking brewing notes.

When the legibility of your hand writing improves, from hand writing bottle labels.

...when your vacation in Carmel, CA is coming to a close and all you can think about is getting home to bottle the Left Hand Milk Stout and Centennial Blonde that are waiting for you at home.

While looking at the rhubarb plant by the front door you wonder if you could brew with it or when stocking onions at work (I work in a produce department of a grocery) a customer you barely know walks up and asks if you could give advice on brewing a Belgian style stout.

While looking at the rhubarb plant by the front door you wonder if you could brew with it or when stocking onions at work (I work in a produce department of a grocery) a customer you barely know walks up and asks if you could give advice on brewing a Belgian style stout.
That thought has crossed my mind as well - I've got two very decent sized rhubarb plants in my back yard.

Maybe a rhubarb wheat?

Rhubarb is naturally mouth puckeringly tart. Needs sweetening when cooking with it. So a wheat with some natural wheat grain sweetness would def help,imo. Particularly a yeast that leans toward the wheat's malty side would also help the tartness of the rhubarb.
Hmmm...a rhubarb wheat ale served with rhubarb pie!...:cross:

I'd like to know how that turns out. That rhubarb wheat ale is starting to sound good.

I will let you know. The base beer has been on bugs for almost a year, it had a nice tart strawberry funk to it, so I figured rhubarb would help get it where I want it.

When you take a picture of your beer, instead of your beautiful girlfriend sitting right in front of you

image-1990859436.jpg

When you grab a frosty glass out of the freezer and a hop pack is stuck to it. The same kind of hops you used to dry hop your summer wheat..... Ooo citra

When you notice the nice seal on the drywall mud bucket and, briefly, consider keeping it for an extra fermentor.

When you tell the wife if you brew your pale ale this weekend it'll be ready by your birthday. An hour later your at the LHBS :rockin:

When you look through a long list of home brew supply sites looking for the perfect digital thermometer. Then also spot a refractometer at NB that reads brix & SG & go hmmmmm...

I finally got one ( kinda ) I tweaked my back/ neck at the hospital I work at so they sent me to the occupational Heath doctor to get checked out . Did the drug test then did a alcohol test and kinda freaked out since I had a beer the night before . ( thinking it could be a 24 hour test ) nope all good just a test to make sure I wasn't drinking on the job . :)

Latest posts

Back