You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you have to run to the bathroom real quick to flush your eye out because you got hop particles in it from huffing the bag.

Happened to me today, hops in the eye do not feel good. :D

When you have to run to the bathroom real quick to flush your eye out because you got hop particles in it from huffing the bag.

Haven't had that happen yet but I huff each and every hop bag I open... Usually several times.

At least hops are a natural preservative...

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

When you move into the new place and the first thing you notice about the next door neighbour is that he is wearing a beer shirt AND the conversation eventually leads to him mowing your lawn for a few weeks for a six pack! Nice to have helpful neighbours!

When you start getting excited seeing the pipeline filling up! And beers in the fermenters getting ready for their turn to fill it up more! :mug:

When you decide it's time to thin out your wardrobe because you're running out of room for cases of homebrew. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to Goodwill.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

When you move into the new place and the first thing you notice about the next door neighbour is that he is wearing a beer shirt AND the conversation eventually leads to him mowing your lawn for a few weeks for a six pack! Nice to have helpful neighbours!

A few weeks? For one six pack?! Hell, I gave a buddy a sixer for mowing my lawn once while I was out of town!

How about a "spoiler alert" next time!? Breaking Bad is on my list of things to watch. Oh well I doubt this is integral to the plot.

LOL definitely not a spoiler. Don't worry and hurry up and watch it!!!

You know you're a home brewer when you willingly evict your vacuum from the utility closet to store home brew. Every free space seems to now belong to home brew stuff.

^When you've been doing that for a couple years & have since weeded out the Sam Adam's bottles,etc in preference to plain bottles. And it still bugs you to toss out empties you don't need.:drunk:

LOL definitely not a spoiler. Don't worry and hurry up and watch it!!!

You know you're a home brewer when you willingly evict your vacuum from the utility closet to store home brew. Every free space seems to now belong to home brew stuff.

Yes it does! And the SWMBO let's me hear about it often.

Yes it does! And the SWMBO let's me hear about it often.

I often think about what will happen when I move someone back into my home. Luckily, I don't see that being an issue at all so I get all the space!

It's taken restraint to leave the guest room as the guest room and not turn it into a giant ferm chamber.

I do need a home for my vacuum though. :eek:

I often think about what will happen when I move someone back into my home. Luckily, I don't see that being an issue at all so I get all the space!

It's taken restraint to leave the guest room as the guest room and not turn it into a giant ferm chamber.

I do need a home for my vacuum though. :eek:

You have an unused room that you haven't lined with pink foam board? And you call yourself a homebrewer...

You have an unused room that you haven't lined with pink foam board? And you call yourself a homebrewer...

HAHA! Yes. :eek: I'm trying to maintain some level of hope that maybe someone will come spend some time here with me and have a nice place to lay their head. The walk-in closet though, fairly unused is begging for a window a/c unit to be framed out since it's on an outside wall and to be made into a chamber. I have one in the garage (a ferm chamber) but I need to get an STC-1000 for it because the Johnson A19 isn't going to cut it with the temps dropping to 60F still at night.

/ramble.

You are on your 6th beer of the night and you realize that if you have 2 more you are going to have to have the same kind more than once. :tank:

I know this one has been used before:

When you are the only one who drinks beer in the house.... Still have 4 kegs filled... And have decided what you want to brew next.

HAHA! Yes. :eek: I'm trying to maintain some level of hope that maybe someone will come spend some time here with me and have a nice place to lay their head. The walk-in closet though, fairly unused is begging for a window a/c unit to be framed out since it's on an outside wall and to be made into a chamber. I have one in the garage (a ferm chamber) but I need to get an STC-1000 for it because the Johnson A19 isn't going to cut it with the temps dropping to 60F still at night.

/ramble.

Heck if I was out that way I would be happy to sleep in a ferm chamber.

You introduce some of your beer to a group of friends and one of them asks you to teach them how to make beer.

-You smile and politely agree to show them. Deep down inside you are actually leaping for joy because now you might have a friend that brews beer too.

I was buying beer at the local bottle shop, talked with the manager and remembered his name via word association:
Brett = brettanomyces

Reminds me of Breaking Bad. I hated this DEA agent guy, until the episode where you found out he was a homebrewer, then I kinda started to like him.

Nope, I always but ALWAYS hated hank schrader, if you throw non-violent/non property rights aggressing people in steel cages you're the criminal, on the flip side if you provide a non-violent all be it morally bankrupt product to the market ah la pinkman/heisenberg you're a productive member of society ... well aside from the murders of emilio, crazy 8, 2 rival drug dealers whom capped their homey combo, gale, gustavo, mike, tio salamanca, and a truck load of others ;)

Seriously though the show was written that way to make schrader a dick opposite murderous hank as a means of balancing the characters in an effort for moral ambiguity ... Walter White's character was one of if the the most intriguing characters ever written for big or small screen. Just an amazing show ... I miss my breaking bad!

When you're pleasantly surprised to find your missing second hydrometer.

1402011187488.jpg

...When you welcome the cool nights & mornings,knowing your fermentations will come out the better for it! Dampfbier is past initial fermentation & got no higher than 72F,66F currently.

When your wife asks you to make some gravy for breakfast and some how you start making a starter instead and you dont even realize it till she comes in and asks what kind of f... gravy is like that.

When you're slightly offended that the vacation house you're staying in has several wine glasses, but not a single pint glass to be found.

Back