You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wanna hear a really weird one? You know how there's so much stuff on youtube about FEMA camps,foreign soldiers being trained in urban warfare to raid our houses,take out guns & put us in camps or worse? I had a dream the night before last that woke me up! I dreamed these soldiers had done just that while I was in my chair upstairs asleep. Running in with machine pistols,killing everyone where they were. I'm upstairs hearing this. From their movements,they shot up my fermenters & everything. Then I hear my gym rat son come up outta the basement,seeing everything & yelling "oh God,NO!". The shots were so vivid I woke up at that point,but not before grabbing my 12 gauge...waiting for the fools to come upstairs...

If this happens to you, seek mental health professional help immediately, as this delusion can become permanently dangerous to you and those in close proximity to you! :confused:

If this happens to you, seek mental health professional help immediately, as this delusion can become permanently dangerous to you and those in close proximity to you! :confused:

What I meant was that I broke out the Winchester 12 in my dream,right before I woke up. I don't keep loaded guns in the house. Nor any pistols. Besides,they really do have foreign soldiers training over here. I even got a petition in my e-mail to get them outta this country now!

What I meant was that I broke out the Winchester 12 in my dream,right before I woke up. I don't keep loaded guns in the house. Nor any pistols. Besides,they really do have foreign soldiers training over here. I even got a petition in my e-mail to get them outta this country now!

Well I got an email from Nigeria. You're all in the presence of royalty. Soon I'll have my fortune transferred into my bank account. It only cost me $1000 to get the money released :rockin:

Yeah,I got one like that. But from some Eastern European group. I turned everything into the FBI in Cleveland after the group started harassing me when I questioned them for ID,etc. The FBI agent told me they knew of them & have been after them for some time at that point. I got one from either Nigeria or Kenya once like that too. They must think we're all fat,lazy & stupid. Hey,I'm not stupid...:D

When you're pouring a bomber of Asahi at the local Japanese restaurant, and pause before letting the last half ounce go in your glass because you're used to holding that back to avoid pouring sediment in.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I totally did this today pouring a Stone Saison. I paused for a second and then thought "What the hell am I doing?" and drank the rest of the bottle.

When Your looking for a 6er at your local beer retailer,and you choose the Saranac Moonshadow over the CB Alpha Monkey, for the simple reason that the labels from Saranac peel easier!

You feel like you've betrayed the brotherhood by <gasp> buying beer!!! I'm sorry, I'm sorry everything I have made is for a wedding. :(

You feel like you've betrayed the brotherhood by <gasp> buying beer!!! I'm sorry, I'm sorry everything I have made is for a wedding. :(

No, no betrayal. Buying gives many opportunities, a few of which I'll mention because I can and we all know them anyways. Try new styles for the total newcomer, like me! Get inspiration for additions into styles that they usually wouldn't fit into. Both those require a few bucks instead of a dedicated batch. And bottle harvest yeast! I happen to have a belgian wit that's about ready for bottling that started off with mystery strain from a belgian bottle. Looks and smells right so far. I should probably look into that a little more closely...

I buy when I run out of beer... I make a case of 24 a week... can't keep it in the house long enough not to buy

Last night while taking a shower I noticed a bottle of my wifes shampoo. The label had "Honeysuckle", "Thick Full Body" and I thought to myself, mmmmm a honeysuckle wheat beer sounds great!

When something out of the ordinary happens with your fermenting beer & you know what to do to fix it without a second thought...

When you become single and realize you finally have extra money and build this for the heck of it ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400953528.693576.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

When your wife gets mad because you spend more time in the brew room than you do with her

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

When you realize you have 20 gallons to bottle (4 five gallon batches)and you realize it's really time to get a bigger house so you can finally build a keezer

When you cook with some beer left over from bottling day before the rest is ready to drink! ESB in a onion & mushroom sauce for grilled steaks...:mug:

When you have 2 mini fridges (kegerator and fermentation fridge) in a 1 bedroom apartment, plus a full all grain set up. I need to buy a house to support my beer habit :)

When your watching "Storage Wars" on TV, and pick out the keggerator in the back of a locker before anyone in the show does! ;)

Back