You know you ARE a Noob when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bone2

Reaction score
1. You've brewed 25 gallons and your first brew is still in bottles for only 5 days.
2. You've sold most of your guitar equipment to pay for your beer equipment.
3. You stress over sanitization.
4. Even when you RDWHAHB, you still stress about sanitization.
5. You re-read posts on this website until you have them memorized.
6. You begin looking at bottled beer at the grocery store to figure out if it is a screw off or pop-top.
7. You begin to question your mantra that Bud is the best beer ever brewed.
8. You still drink Bud and wonder if you could ever make beer just like it.
9. Your garage is not full of brewing equipment, but full of the boxes that it came in.
10. You wonder whether you could grow hops next spring instead of tomatoes.
11. You happily take a big swig of the spent yeast at the bottom of your first primary.
12. You don't wash your yeast, but can see you could save a bunch of dough doing it.
13. You don't consider an auto-siphon either a great piece of equipment, nor a waste of money, you just got one in your first beer kit.
14. You find it somewhat difficult to read a hydrometer.
15. On your first brew notes, you put a bunch of stuff about which football game you were watching, what music you were listening to, etc, but DIDN'T record your original gravity reading because you didn't take one.
16. On your most recent batch, you didn't write which football game you were watching, what music you were listening to, but you DID record you original gravity, which your 11-year old son did for you.

17. You jump off the livingroom floor and race to the kitchen when you hear a boilover, only to find that a full trash bag has fallen over and you were not actually brewing that day.

18. You dump 3/4 cup of DME into your bottling bucket straight, no boil, no water, just DME straight into your beer.......... ouch.

Actually,
6. You begin looking at bottled beer at the grocery store to figure out if it is a screw off or pop-top.

that's not a noob thing man...that's being smart! when I go to places like Applebee's, I always order Newcastle, and smuggle the empty bottles out in my coat.

19. When walking around Wal-Mart, you start to eye any container: "Hey, could I ferment in that?".
20. Everything turns into a 'What if' question: "What if I add coffee? what if I add chocolate? What if I add both? What if..." and you realize that whatever your 'What if', someone's already done it. ;)

Back