You guys are amazing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigebrewer

Reaction score
My first brew is a week into bottles after 3 weeks in primary. I couldn't resist the urge and figured as a newbie it might be beneficial to taste some green beer so I cracked one open for the experience.

My amber ale tastes great already, although obviously it is undercarbed and still has a lot of transition to do. I have probably come on here 300 times over the last month to check, double check, and make sure I wasn't a complete idiot for the fears I had about my first brew going bad. This is truly an amazing place for people who love this craft to come and share their knowledge, ideas, and love for beer. I just wanted to thank pretty much everyone who has ever posted anything on here because I feel like I have searched the forum enough that I have read something from just about every member that has helped me get started.

Congrats in your first beer. I was the same way; I couldn't wait either. There's no harm in it, as long as you remember it's too soon and don't get panicky by how it tastes. I was shocked at just how good, green as it was, my plain old first ale was. But i knew it was too soon, and didn't let those off flavors worry me. Here's to many more.

Cheers and welcome to the vortex!

HBT has answered almost any question I've ever had about brewing, even if the answers come in 12 or more completely different variations! Enjoy and RDWHAHB!

Great job! Wait till you taste how good it is carbed and conditioned. Happy reading and happy brewing!

It's a tractor beam. You are getting sucked into the brewing mothership. Woot!

(welcome to our little corner of the interwebz, where there's always an available stool and the beer is cold)

Do you think the mother ship is in the shape of a giant hop or a nice 22oz bottle?

It's a tractor beam. You are getting sucked into the brewing mothership. Woot!

(welcome to our little corner of the interwebz, where there's always an available stool and the beer is cold)

Your comment is the EXACT reason why love this website so much. I'm just like the OP (fermented for 2 weeks, 1 week in bottles) and had to try one and the fact that I am able to drink it w/o cringing and feeling a buzz makes me so happy!!

You guys are awesome and I seriously can't express how appreciative we (the n00b brewers) are for all your assistance.

was debating, either sarcastic or extremely dumb. unfortunately due to the way the internet reads, I just assumed you were that dumb.. :p :tank:

Back