YES, I knocked her up!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Pol & hopdog!

SWMBO & I have been trying off and on for months. My New Years resolution is to get the job done! Took us forever to conceive our 6 year old. And in my experience, Pol is right. Not that Cait doesn't act 16, its just SWMBO that she butts heads with. And she is the best assistant brewer a guy could ask for.

Congrats Pol & hopdog!

SWMBO & I have been trying off and on for months. My New Years resolution is to get the job done! Took us forever to conceive our 6 year old. And in my experience, Pol is right. Not that Cait doesn't act 16, its just SWMBO that she butts heads with. And she is the best assistant brewer a guy could ask for.

There probably isn't another job in the world that is better to fail at because you get to keep trying.
However, keep in mind that "the crew" here at HBT is behind you all the way.... and if you find you need some help...... well, just sayin'!
Congrats again guys.

It is a boy... named after myself and my grandfather.

Not really. He is going to have to say no "E" at the end. That will get to be a real pain in the ass by the time he is like 3.

Congrats on the new offering. Me and the wife stopped at 2 daughters. My luck we would have a third if we tried. Many congrats again!

My daughter is very excited to be a "big" sister

Hey yall... just hit the 7 week mark and had another ultrasound. The Pol Junior is doing well, almost .8cm long and you can see the teenie tiny heartbeat. Wifey is good, still a twig, but it will be neat to see a few pounds on her. So far, so good. I will keep yall updated! Due date is set on July 13th, 2009.

I'm very sorry to hear that, from my experience female cancer signs are a pain in the arse, maybe you'll get lucky and she'll be at least 10 days late so you can have a leo.

Kidding, of course, congrats on the new munchkin.

I'm very sorry to hear that, from my experience female cancer signs are a pain in the arse, maybe you'll get lucky and she'll be at least 10 days late so you can have a leo.

Kidding, of course, congrats on the new munchkin.

I am having a boy...?

Well, we just got back from the hospital today... 4 hours there with my wife having some major contractions. Given some drugs and time and she is OK now. Called off work, go back next Tuesday now... so that I can keep an eye on the Mrs.

All is well, but it was definately a different story at 8:30am today. We still have 7 weeks to go, hopefully my son will wait a few weeks longer.

Well, we just got back from the hospital today... 4 hours there with my wife having some major contractions. Given some drugs and time and she is OK now. Called off work, go back next Tuesday now... so that I can keep an eye on the Mrs.

All is well, but it was definately a different story at 8:30am today. We still have 7 weeks to go, hopefully my son will wait a few weeks longer.

We went through this 3 times when my wife was pregnant last summer. Although my son was always nice enough to try and escape right about the time I was going to bed for work the next morning! Then off to the hospital to stop the contractions. Doc said once we hit 35 weeks, he'll let him come when he comes, so of course come 35 weeks, all this nonsense stopped. We scheduled induction for thursday the 8th (Due date the 12th) and on the 3rd, he said, "eh, I'm outta here". We walked around our block, up and down a small hill, about 10 laps once she started having small contractions at ~7pm, that got the little guy moving. Went to the hospitl at 10pm, had him at 1:23pm the next afternoon after 23 minutes of labor. SWMBO got off easy. Epideral did it's job great. Not one Scream or notion of pain, we were all laughing with the doctor (Even Her!) between pushes.I was thinking....Isn't this supposed to be insanely hard!!

Here's hoping you can keep him up there!

whoa, 5 more weeks Evan, You could have a perfectly healthy baby any day now!!!!

Yikes, I hope not...he ain't done cookin!

He's done enough to be perfectly healthy, rather or not you're done setting the table is another story :D
I thought I was ready until the Doctor said, "Ok, let's do this!" My eye's grew to the size of watermelons!

Our due date is July 13th right now.

Funny thing is that I was SUPPOSED to be gone today, I was in Dallas yesterday on a 4 day trip. They recalled me back to my base (home) and this all happened this morning.

THEN at the hospital, scheduling calls to tell me that I now have a 5pm departure today, to leave for two days. I was like... mmm, no, better call someone else and PDO me for a couple days, I am standing in a hospital right now... while your at it, transfer me to the chief pilot so that there are no issues to be resolved later.

Bam, I am off til Tuesday. Wife is fine now, definately not something I want to wake up to, but baby Robert was strong and healthy through all of it. He is already more of a trooper than the pansie a$$ boys in this neighborhood.

5 days and we welcome baby Robert into the world...

Everything is a GO... he will be delivered on July 6th, I return home from a 4 day trip on the 5th. Then, I have the rest of July off with the family.

Enjoy July. That is great that you get so much time. I took 2 weeks and did not want to go back at all! Scheduled deliveries are great! Maybe not the most natural thing in the world, but sure are convenient :) We were scheduled for a thursday and he came on his own Monday.

Enjoy July. That is great that you get so much time. I took 2 weeks and did not want to go back at all! Scheduled deliveries are great! Maybe not the most natural thing in the world, but sure are convenient :) We were scheduled for a thursday and he came on his own Monday.

After working 20 days and being gone 20 nights in June... I am ready for some time off.

Yah, somehow it is not nearly as glamorous as it is in the movies.

I will have pics up when they are available. We will have plenty of family in town and the three weeks off will be nice. I plan to get some brewing in there too, SWMBO insists on it.

Yah, somehow it is not nearly as glamorous as it is in the movies.

I will have pics up when they are available. We will have plenty of family in town and the three weeks off will be nice. I plan to get some brewing in there too, SWMBO insists on it.

Family is very nice to have around. I imagine they won't be needed in house with number two but number 1 can go to Gigi's. I dreaded my MIL being there for a week, but when she left I would have been okay with her staying. But you know all that already as I think this is not your first correct?
Looking forward to pics of the fam.

This will be the third...

I live my IL's to death, they will be great to have around. My own folks, will only stay a few days, and that is AOK by me. I prefer my IL's to my own parents anyway.

Good evening fellas.

Robert Cecil was born at 4:21pm today.

He weighs 7 pounds, 1 ounce

He is 20" long

Mommy and baby are in prefect health, he has actually been feeding well and he is only 4 hours old!

We came in at 6am, her water broke at about 1pm and labor really began at that point. SWMBO began pushing at 4:15pm and baby was here at 4:21pm.

I am actually posting from the delivery/recovery room as we speak! Clarian West is the nicest hospital I have ever seen, much more like a hotel... we are blessed to have this facility so close to home, and to have such a healthy baby boy.

Thanks fellas... it was a great day, beautiful day in fact. Everything was picture perfect. He is a handsome little guy, I cannot wait to show him off. I am a very proud dad, for the third time...

I cannot wait to get home and have a drink, to the health of my family, I am a man truely blessed.

Back