YES, I knocked her up!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
My wife and I have been trying to concieve for 4 weeks, and damn I am good! She called me upstairs today and gave me a gift... a Willowtree figurine of a pregnant mom, and then tossed a couple EPT tests on the bed! I am really excited to be a dad, again... the third time! I will have to buy another little fishing pole, teach another kid how to brew fine beers... ahh, the joys of being dad!

Finished my HERMS and found out I am going to be a dad again within a 24 hour period! WOW!

After having four kids ourselves, we finally figured out what was causing it. Let me know if you need the info!
And congrats on still having lead in the ol' pencil.

Congrats. Since you are going to be up at night anyway you might as well start planning out some brews. You can mash in while feeding the baby, changing diapers, etc...

Thanks guys... they just poured a new sidewalk in our neighborhood today and I went out and carved in it, MOM, DAD, the kids names, and "Bean" for the bean sized baby that is in moms belly. Then someday I can take him/her out there and show them the whole family carved in concrete, even before he/she was born!

I have had little ones before, and I have never had a lack of brewing time. You have to consider that I only fly about 10 days a month, it aint to hard to squeeze in.

UPDATE:

Right now we are 50/50 that my wife miscarried... keep us in your thoughts and prayers if you can please.

Scary. My wife is 3 months pregnant with my first to-be-born. My hopes, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Pol,
I am praying for you guys, & I'll get SWMBO to do the same... We went through the same thing about 10 years ago and it still gets me choked up thinking about it. Scary time. SWMBO nd I are currently working on number 2 so it is forefront in my mind. Keep us posted.

Been there done that too, and I never want to go through anything like that again either. We will be praying for you guys as well. Keep us up to date if possible.

I dont think that I updated this, but my wife did miscarry about 2 weeks ago. Well, we started trying again right away and boom, she is pregnant, again! It seems as though we can get pregnant on a whim, which is nice, we are not ones to like waiting. I will keep yall updated!

Wow, you've got some potency!

I had missed the news about the miscarraige, I'm sorry to hear that. We went through that this year as well, posted a picture of the pregnancy test and everything. Really a tough period, but we got through it. 'Grats on the new pregancy, though, that's awesome!

Yeah, my wife and I can get pregnant it seems, any month that we like... SO, when we are done with kids, I am getting clipped, I don't like surprises!

Well, I am out on a two day trip, checked into my hotel yesterday with a dead cell phone and decided I need to call SWMBO to let her know we were in. She was like "did you get my text? did you check your email?" Heck no, I just flew 8 hours and JUST opened the door to my hotel room... what is up? So I have to go check my email and I have an E-greeting from her that sayes "congrats daddy... again!" So, we are again pregnant, about 4 weeks in as far as we can tell, so we are trying this again. I am taking ideas for a BABY BREW, something awesome, something complex that can benefit from say 9 months of aging!

Hey!! Congrats again!! Hopefully there is a much better outcome this time for you this time around. SWMBO & I will be keeping you two in our thoughts.

Hey yall... just hit the 7 week mark and had another ultrasound. The Pol Junior is doing well, almost .8cm long and you can see the teenie tiny heartbeat. Wifey is good, still a twig, but it will be neat to see a few pounds on her. So far, so good. I will keep yall updated! Due date is set on July 13th, 2009.

Congrats. Even though they can be a PITA sometimes, I'll never regret having kids. I especially enjoy the earlier years when they are attached to you and look up to you like you are the greatest thing on earth.

Some of the best news came from the insurance company... all of the prenatal and birthing (assuming it is a normal pregnancy) will end up costing us $245.00. Can't beat that deal.

Good news folks... I made it home in time for our checkup... the baby is doing well, wifey is 12 weeks preggers, up to 105 pounds... and the best part...

The heartbeat was 155/min. today, meaning that there is a good chance that it is a little girl!

I am hoping for another girl... our 5 year old already gets involved in my brewing, Id love to have another. Boys are just so gross when they get older, little girls just love thier daddys.

Good news folks... I made it home in time for our checkup... the baby is doing well, wifey is 12 weeks preggers, up to 105 pounds... and the best part...

The heartbeat was 155/min. today, meaning that there is a good chance that it is a little girl!

I am hoping for another girl... our 5 year old already gets involved in my brewing, Id love to have another. Boys are just so gross when they get older, little girls just love thier daddys.
Good news.
As for little girls loving their daddies, it comes and goes. My 6-year-old is acting like she's 16 lately. We butt heads like crazy.

Apparently we are doing a photo documentary of the "preggo belly". Here we are at 3.5 months with baby "bean". Tried to get a pic of her still size 1 arse... but that was a no go LOL

P1020172.JPG

Back