Yeast information

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lavellmike702

Reaction score
So fellow friends I have yeast and cheap sugar is this what the old moonshiners used to do? I've always been interested in making moonshine just don't know how about doing it. I don't plan on selling it or anything that can get me in trouble. Just want to make some to say I've done it. So yeast is on the left and sugar and 16oz of water with 1 cup of sugar. What kind of scientific masterpiece can I come up from here? Thanks.

image-3042400916.jpg

Hey brother, I don't think it's even legal for us to talk about this stuff. I'm also pretty sure the mods won't appreciate it. I'm not coming down on you at all because I'm certain most of us have had an interest in it at some point in time. There are some really good books that you can find online about this stuff.

You got any cider questions, I'm sure that someone will chime in and help you here.

Yea that's what I thought. Thanks for the heads up. Like I said not trying to get in any trouble.

You should look up threads on Apple Jack. While those recipes use hard apple cider and then freeze it...I don't see why you couldn't do it for fermented sugar water. I can't imagine it tasting very good though...

Back