Yard Sale Finds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PIGMAN

Reaction score
So, I decided to do some yard saling this past weekend. Towards the end of Saturday, I'm looking through this guy's garage and I see an old Great Bear 5 gal glass carboy in a wooden carrier with Great Bear advertising. I asked him if it was for sale, and he said he'd take 5 bucks for it. It was in my car within 2 minutes. Sunday, I'm at a tag sale, and I glance out into the backyard, and see another glass carboy, only this one looked bigger. I checked it out, and it was 6.5 gallons. I asked the woman running the sale how much she wanted for it, and she thought awhile, and said "Give me 5 dollars, and that's a good price". No kidding! Needless to say, I grabbed that up right away. At the same tag sale, I came across an old beer sign from the Pearl Brewery in Texas. Really cool, it has a light mounted on top of a duck decoy from the American Trap Co., and the lamp shade advertises the Pearl XXX Lager. It was marked $40 and I talked her down to $20. It will look great in my bar. Any of you Texas folks have some insight into this brewery?:tank:

Turns out, no brewery resides there now. It's a cultural center.

Back