Yankee or Dixie?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
43% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

I try not to travel south of Northern Virginia. I do not do well with the people past that point.

79% (Dixie). That is a pretty strong Southern score! Me....

My wife on the other hand...

100% (Dixie). Is General Lee your father

I thought she was Czech...:confused:

52% (Dixie). Barely into the Dixie category.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii. Lived In Lawton, Oklahoma for a while as a kid. Spent most of my childhood in Michigan, Moved to Kentucky then to Maryland.

I call it "Soda" now and actually chuckled at seeing "Pop" on a "party store" sign. ;)

48% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

I didn't start with a heavy bias toward any particular part of the country, and moving a lot has made me completely non-identifiable with regard to regional accent/pronunciation/colloquialisms. I freak people out, though, when I can identify fairly accurately where they live (or grew up) after speaking with them for only a few minutes.

36% (Yankee). A definitive Yankee.

That's right, grew up in Northern PA, school in Central PA, and then Western NY for four years. They haven't gotten to me yet down here!

paulthenurse said:
To be regionally correct, the stuff that you guys refer to as soda pop is called tonic.

What's Soda Pop?

When I lived in Kentucky (and still thought everyone there was weird for not calling it Pop too) I used to refuse to call it ANYTHING but the brand name. I drank Pepsi and Coke and Dr. Pepper and 7-Up, but not "Soda" or "pop". :)

It backfired when a few neighbors from Tennessee asked if I wanted a "Coke" and I got a clear fizzy liquid that tasted a lot like Sprite...

49% (Yankee). Barely into the Yankee category.

Growing up in San Diego you get no Yankee or Dixie arguments, we are west and south, and use dude, that was not on the survey. I live in Louisiana now (all dixie) and people talk real funny. hahaha

Back