YAKK - Yet Another Keezer Kooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GatorDad

Reaction score
Yes, it's a play on words. :) This is my 9.0 cu ft keezer project. First, some photos, then a question or two if I may:

Your basic 9.0 with the lid off:
_DSC4402x.jpg

With 2x6 riser:
_DSC4404x.jpg

With 2x8 cedar collar attached (upside down on table saw):
_DSC4407x.jpg

Framing done:
_DSC4408x.jpg

Paint and clear coat:
_DSC4410x.jpg

Humpty Dumpty put back together:
_DSC4412x.jpg

Feed the monster!
_DSC4413x.jpg

Robby guarding the beer:
_DSC4446x.jpg

Internal:
_DSC4450x.jpg

Questions:

I want to move my CO2 out of the keezer. I'm not sure if I want the regulator in or out.

Reg in:
  • I only have to run one (high pressure) line from the CO2 tank to the regulator - one hole through the collar.
  • Have to open lid to see pressures - I can't note them simply walking by.

Reg out:
  • I have to run multiple gas lines from the regulator to the tanks - multiple holes in collar.
  • Can see pressures without opening lid

I'm rather certain I want the reg inside the keezer with one hole in the collar, but, am I overlooking something obvious???

With the reg out, you can still have only one hole. You can either make one big hole and fit all the lines through it and then insulate the hole OR (and this would be the better option) is to run one line from the reg into the keezer and then split the line inside the keezer.

I personally like it outside so I can read it. Having it inside sometimes messes with the reading so you can't tell the real PSI.

Thanks. I'm not too keen on the one big hole as it doesn't allow me to expand the system.

I have dual regs now, and a third to be added soon, so there would be three holes from the reg to the inside (where it gets split further via a manifold). I guess I could live with that, and I suppose it does free up some space inside....

Back