Wyeast Belgian

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdb7098

Reaction score
An update, if anyone would remember. Brewed a Belgium Saison back at the end of June with the Wyeast Belgium Saison. Had a difficult time getting fermentation going at a robust level, so moved it to,the garage which really made a difference.. But it wasn't done. It was still puttering along and gravity was only at 1.020 so kind of just let it go. The recent heat wave pushed the garage temp into the mid 80's (yes, I live in the north). Airlock started working again and finally the krausen fell and there was no more activity. FiG: 1.005ish. Just bottled and love this beer. But two questions; is two months fermentation normal (I almost feel like I was layering this beer) and; I have some harvested yeast and would like to use it but since the weather is turning I don't think I can get the temp high enough for this yeast to work well. What should I do?

Build a fermentation cabinet out of those styrofoam insulation panels and stick a carboy heater in it that runs off a temp controller.

Back