Wye doesn't fit regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixmilecross

Reaction score
I recently received all my kegging equipment and my keezer is coming along nicely. Just about everything has gone off without a hitch except that my Wye from Kegconnection doesn't seem to fit my regulator from Northern Brewer. Afaik, the wye and regulator connections are standardized and the male thread on the wye should screw right into the female thread on the regulator, but what do I know? I called Kegconnection to see if maybe there was something I was missing, but they said the wye should screw right in with no issues and would send a replacement as they weren't sure what the issue was. The second wye arrived and still no fit. Next I called NB about the regulator and explained the issue I was having and they were dumbfounded, although there was some confusion as to which regulator they had sent me - they thought it was their new Governor Regulator, but it was actually a Taprite, which isn't listed on their website. The irony of it all is that the Taprite Regulator NB sent me is listed on the Kegconnection website, which would mean to me that their wye's should fit.

Anyways, NB said they would send a different regulator, but I have this strange feeling that this wye still wont fit. Has anyone else had this issue before? Are there different sized wye's out there that I'm not aware of?

I don't believe so. IIRC it screws in right handed, but then it feels like it gets stuck. And trying to force it just seems to strip the threading. I didn't want to keep trying as I'm afraid of destroying the regulator, but the same thing happened with the replacement wye that arrived.

Back