• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB- Welding Services in Central/Northern Georgia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TUCK

Reaction score
Hello All,
If you happen to be or know of/are a good welder in Central/Northern Georgia I am interested in modifying a sanke keg to a mash tun with thermometer and spigot bulkhead.

Thanks!

I'm a welder and can weld sanitary stainless but when I built mine I used Weldless fittings. I did this for a few reasons and am very happy with the set up. I'm about 6 hours from you if you really want it welded but I'd go with Weldless

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew Talk while driving.

I'm a welder and can weld sanitary stainless but when I built mine I used Weldless fittings. I did this for a few reasons and am very happy with the set up. I'm about 6 hours from you if you really want it welded but I'd go with Weldless

What were your reasons for going weldless?

The main reason was the valves still thread in to the fittings. If I still was going to have threads I figured if I ever wanted to change it over to something else I could. I've had no leaks and the weldless was about $5 cheaper. I'd spend more than that in argon, filler rod, electricity and my time so in reality it was much cheaper. I wouldn't weld a Keggle up for less than $30 for a customer.

erichsmith, Thank you for your response. I decided to just buy a 15 Gallon Home Beer Brewing Kettle w/ Valve & Thermometer I found on Amazon for $175 (I am listing the price and details in case anyone else is interested).

I was actually surprised how hard it was to find a good welder in N. Georgia, but maybe I was not looking in the right place.

Once again, thanks for reaching out to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back