Wouldn't it be cool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

I’m not wrong. I’m left handwriting
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If, Revvy or Yooper commented on your post?

I'd be honored. If this is the first post you've read about those guys, sorry. Stick around you'll learn about them. HBT leaders!!!!!

They've both been around HBT for awhile and are one of many good people that make this site wonderful

I'll admit. I always feel thankful when somebody reads a thread of mine and comments. Puts a little smile on my face. Whether the comment was good or bad..

There are a few HBT personalities I always feel honored when they chime in on some of my posts.

Not in any particular order... well maybe

TXbrew, Pretty freaking awesome. He is the founder here and gives us HBT.

Passedpawn!!!! Nuff said.

I'd also say off the top of my head hmm.. my favorites my be different from your own. Believe me I had a list.. not going to do that though.

HBT is a place where people come together to learn and share brewing expericences. Sometimes it goes a step or two up from that. I've met many great and wonderful people here on HBT. CHEERS to you all. :mug:.

I was just thinking of Revvy, there is a thread about his heart surgery and it seems like every February someone misses the year of the OP and wishes him good luck. Yooper and Revvy have both improved my brewing.

Hey LRB,

I pointed out the obvious ones to HBT. And I was going to post more but figured why do you need papparazzi filling your windows :D

You, LRB were at the top of the list. Truly, you and Stauffbier and a some others. Man, sucks when you start trying to say just who your friends and people you like are in a list. Truly hope those of you that know me from this great internet site, do know I hold you in high regard and hope you all know that. :mug:

I've gotten comments from both of them that were correct & to the point. We've had some phylosophical discussions as well. there are mant others on here I like to here from. I'd have to look at a list to get the names right, though. Revvy hasn't been on much lately. I wonder what's up?

Thank you Passedpawn, for resurrecting this thread after I screwed the pooch. Ok, for those of you that don't now. I accidentally deleted the thread and PP brought it back to life.

I'd had a couple glasses of wine when I started the post last night. There was a thread, I dont remember who started it, but it was about HBT personalities. I was thinking about that thread last night and I got to admit I got mentioned. But more imortantly than that, it made me realize we are a family here on HBT.

Chances we'll ever meet in person might be slight. But I''ve come to know some wonderful people here and I'm not embarrassed to say that, not at all. I'm just a guy who's main form of communication these days is by the internet. I think those of you who know me, know I'm a decent guy, a little nuts sometimes.. etc. And I think I have come to know some of you all pretty well too.

We all put a safeguard up because, this is the internet, but thoughts, personal stuff, lifestuff, feelings do get relayed here sometimes. I've cried on some of the post I've read on this site. People sharing the loss of a family member, a friend, a pet..

Anyway, I have no direction for this thread to go in. If LabRatBrewer wouldn't have reminded me it got deleted (by me) I probably would have let it go as a thread that just sinks quickly to the bottom of the new threads page.

Even now, this thread might well plunder. But I've said my piece.

Many wonderful people on HBT and I'm happy to know many of you.

:mug:

Dan

I've never met Michael (Revvy) in person, but I consider him a good friend. We share a lot of interests, and he's just a really nice guy. I chat with him on facebook from time to time. He's inspired me in many ways, and I've also learned from a lot of his threads here on HBT. He's quite the "foodie", and as of a couple days ago I started curing some pork bellies from inspiration I got from him and his posts about making bacon on fb.

I sent him some of my homebrew a while back, and he had nothing but good things to say about it. I will admit, I felt honored that he enjoyed it, since I look up to him as a brewer on this forum.

Yooper has agreed with me on a couple posts in the past, and that felt pretty good too.

They're both very intelligent and just plain good people in my book.

I am always psyched when Yooper answers my questions.

There is still one in the boneyard from Yooper from a bunch of years back that I am still waiting on though. :D

What would be cool is if we could all get together for a huge get together with all of the wonderful homebrews everyone makes along with the great food creations we all make. We would need like an entire week just to sample all of the goodness and truly get to enjoy the company of each other! Cheers friends!

What would be cool is if we could all get together for a huge get together with all of the wonderful homebrews everyone makes along with the great food creations we all make. We would need like an entire week just to sample all of the goodness and truly get to enjoy the company of each other! Cheers friends!

Yes it sure would be Stauff! Interesting. I haven't had the opportunity to brew in nearly a year but still feel very close to many people here. I figure it this way.

Whether a person is first learning to brew or is a seasoned proffessional brewer
; we all have a common desire to brew good beer. The best we know how to.

The journey takes us in different directions. Some of us will "go ghetto" on our RIGS, some of us will get a little more into the mechanics of it and some of us will build an automated brewery that would make NASA proud.

But in the end, I believe what matters most is the fellowship and commraderie of homebrewers

Pretty sure you said that Stauff in less words said

You know me, Mike, always takes me to many words to say anything.

Simply though. Food, homebrewer celebration. Count me in. Please. :)

Like an HBT reunion? like a MAJOR freekin HBT reunion. Maybe we can get Tx to pay for all the airfair.... Maybe we can do a HUGE HBT get together that rivals all others!

I'm IN!!!!

Lets do it! Dan...SET IT UP!

Cheers
Jay

Yes it sure would be Stauff! Interesting. I haven't had the opportunity to brew in nearly a year but still feel very close to many people here. I figure it this way.

Whether a person is first learning to brew or is a seasoned proffessional brewer
; we all have a common desire to brew good beer. The best we know how to.

The journey takes us in different directions. Some of us will "go ghetto" on our RIGS, some of us will get a little more into the mechanics of it and some of us will build an automated brewery that would make NASA proud.

But in the end, I believe what matters most is the fellowship and commraderie of homebrewers

Pretty sure you said that Stauff in less words said

You know me, Mike, always takes me to many words to say anything.

Simply though. Food, homebrewer celebration. Count me in. Please. :)
I couldn't have said it better if I tried brother!
although I am probably not invited because I dont have 15,883 posts..BAAA HHHAAAAAAA

Of coarse you're invited dude! Where would the community be without your contribution to this wonderful hobby!

I'm a little drunk! What do they say?? Oh yeah... Go home Mike! You're drunk! haha..

Cheers my friends!

What would be cool would be if I could fly!

Did you ever have one of those dreams where you could fly? Like you flap your arms as though they were wings? Then all of a sudden you start to lose air and fall towards the ground so you start flapping your arms like crazy until you gain air again? I used to have that dream a lot when I was young. The dreams were always amazingly wonderful, yet really scary at the same time.

What do you suppose a dream like that means?

Did you ever have one of those dreams where you could fly? Like you flap your arms as though they were wings? Then all of a sudden you start to lose air and fall towards the ground so you start flapping your arms like crazy until you gain air again? I used to have that dream a lot when I was young. The dreams were always amazingly wonderful, yet really scary at the same time.

L

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Home Brew mobile app

A greatness, a world you make your own

No. I never had a dream I could fly. That is why I don't have the guts to operate my own business.

I figure a fellow has to becone very good at and passionate about what they do for a living. Stauff, you havn't lost that passion and please never do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Home Brew mobile app

Uh, you guys? We are already setting up an HBT reunion party and everyone* is invited. Please note that out of fairness to all other brewers we are also opening this up to other homebrewers as well. We will be hosting it in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and we are calling the event the, "National Homebrewers Conference".

Several of your most desirable Members will be there. If you are lucky, one of them might even pour you a beer and shake your hand!

*Everyone, in this instance, is meant to indicate anyone who is a member of the AHA. Attendance is determined by lottery system.

Uh, you guys? We are already setting up an HBT reunion party and everyone* is invited. Please note that out of fairness to all other brewers we are also opening this up to other homebrewers as well. We will be hosting it in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and we are calling the event the, "National Homebrewers Conference".

Several of your most desirable Members will be there. If you are lucky, one of them might even pour you a beer and shake your hand!

*Everyone, in this instance, is meant to indicate anyone who is a member of the AHA. Attendance is determined by lottery system.

That's true- I love the NHC and I have met many of my "imaginary friends" in person at those events.

This year, I think Bob is coming. I know people claim he doesn't exist but he really does and he might show his face at the NHC this year. :p

I've met some of my closest friends here on the forum, as well as many others who I consider friends as well and I'm so thankful for these relationships.

Holy cow unionrider! That's quite a few posts!

I was considering joining the AHA myself but not sure they serve Hawaii? If they do then maybe I'll join. If they don't, no reason too join that club. I still have HBT.

Yeah,being retired,I enjoy myself in here,or writing a few more pages of my book. Unionryder is close,but it's unionrodder. Pop & I both belonged to the same UAW local,& we were both hot rodders. I've been thinking of joining the AHA for a while now. Just can't quite make up my mind?...

Cool, I'm mentioned.

I'm never on these list. I'm a lot less or a personality and more like a janitor with technical knowledge.

You are definitely highly appreciated here Tx, and you're quite mysterious which is pretty cool!

I have those dreams. I have them every few months. They are so realistic, I still harbor the idea that it could actually come true.

I have those dreams. I have them every few months. They are so realistic, I still harbor the idea that it could actually come true.

They sure are realistic. I also wake up thinking I can actually do it for a minute or two. Then as I start to wake up I realize I can't, and I actually get a little disappointed.

It's funny, because I don't remember a lot of my dreams. Often the ones I remember are fuzzy, but the flying ones always stay very clear in my mind.

Cool, I'm mentioned.

I'm never on these list. I'm a lot less or a personality and more like a janitor with technical knowledge.

Well TX, I think you are also quite humble. If not for you, we wouldn't have a great, great forum like this to come to and share.

Actions speak loudly. Your's sure have! Thank you very much for this friendly sight we all love as HBT.

Well TX, I think you are also quite humble. If not for you, we wouldn't have a great, great forum like this to come to and share.

Actions speak loudly. Your's sure have! Thank you very much for this friendly sight we all love as HBT.

He might seem humble to you, but when he shows up to the mod/admin poker night, he's all bling and show. Big cowboy hat, all those rings, and he has this funny habit of entering a room playing the harmonica full blast (When the Saints Come Marching In).

There was a thread awhile back about starting a HBT community and the roles we could all play. Sadly, we all agreed "town drunk" would dominate the society. :p

Crap, Pappy.. I am laughing to hard to say anything funny. I think you ought to get a video of that! :ban:

You're right, I will! Homer comes in with an entourage, I'll bet one of them carries a video camera of some kind. I can't imagine how he gets that group to follow him to Monte Carlo. He has a tell, BTW. He passes gas when he is bluffing. Don't tell Yooper, she's never caught on.

Was that Home Brew Town? Might have missed the thread. Or maybe I'm the town drunk and forgot!! :D

You throw the ball to first base.
- Then who gets it?
Naturally.
- Naturally.
Now you've got it.
-I throw the ball to Naturally.
You don't! You throw it to Who!
-Naturally.
Well, that's it—say it that way.
-That's what I said.
You did not.
-I said I throw the ball to Naturally.