Would you pay someone to cellar beers for you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay someone to cellar beer/wine for you?

• Yes

• No

• Depends on Price

• Other (Explain below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

zmanzorro

Reaction score
I'm always coming up with crazy business ideas and I randomly came up with one today while at work.

The idea is to charge people to properly cellar their beers and wine for small fee. It would be in a humidity/temperature controlled cellar, and would kinda work like a safety deposit box. You pay so much per month/year for them to hold onto your beer/wine and you can remove it at any time you want. Probably to make more business sense, it would probably have to be part of a bar or something else to make a little more money.

Thoughts? Ideas?

A place I go to once a month for beer tasting has started doing just that. I'm pretty sure it's been successful. I'll check with them next tasting in Jan. Of course they are selling a lot of good wines and beer so it's most likely their own customer base.

They have wine cellars like that in CA. It's more like a public storage place that has wine takes and is temp controlled. I'd rather have my stuff at my house.

Thanks for the responses! Looks like a big resounding no, lol. Do y'all think this is mostly becasue you know how to cellar beers already? Do you think people who are not zymurgilogically (real word?) inclined would even care about cellaring beer/wine?

For me, paying someone to cellar my beer would be like paying someone to chew my food for me.

Back