Worth getting dryer fixed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm convinced it is no longer properly round
Well I gotta say that's strange one. My brain is wondering how that could have happend.
I spotted a 240V outlet behind it -- if it's live then I have the option to purchase a gas or electric unit.
Nice to have options for that. If you go electric make sure you cap/plug the gas line after the valve properly. Safety and all that.
On the upside, I won a bronze medal yesterday for my saison. :)
Woo Hoo!! Congrats!!
Cheers,
Joel B.

Well, Beer Friends, after watching the drum in action, I'm convinced it is no longer properly round but it's not obvious to the naked eye. The thump happens at the same place at each revolution and that's the only evidence I have. I could get a drum with fore/aft seals from Parts Warehouse for around $260. Probably better off just replacing what is a 12 year old machine, blah. The funny part is when I pulled the gas dryer out, I spotted a 240V outlet behind it -- if it's live then I have the option to purchase a gas or electric unit.

On the upside, I won a bronze medal yesterday for my saison. :)
Don't you mean if the outlet is live you have a line for an electric brew rig???

...or, now you have an option for indoor 240V brewing, too!
(Head over to Anvil Foundry for a diy how-to build a 240V gfci extension cord).
Just a thought...
The plug is on the same wall as the back of my garage so started thinking about pulling it through to face the interior of the garage. Then I can get into some 240V brewing.

Back