Wort Everywhere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyspade

Reaction score
I was over at a friend's place last night helping him clean up 5 gallons of spilled wort. He was trying to move the primary full of wort and it slipped out of his hands. There was wort everywhere, and I mean everywhere. Obviously all over the floor, but it managed to makes its way 8 feet up the walls. I was able to console him, and it took awhile but we got it all up (hopefully). I dropped a bottle of wine once and I thought that was a disaster. Imagine spilling 30 bottles of wine?

I'm wondering if anyone has similar disaster stories I can share with him, so he can laugh about it later?

I was once bottling a bucket of my prized Scottish ale. I started the transfer, went downstairs to clean the carboy up and came back to beer all over the floor. I forgot to close the damn spigot! I posted this not that long ago and got some good ideas.

Also, on another occasion, I was racking (hand-pouring, back in my early brew days) a big beer, a barleywine, and the whole carboy broke, sending the precious brew all over the floor. I was able to salvage some that was in the carboy and add more fermentables to it to bump it up, but it still sucked.

Back