Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still the worst is Blue Moon Cinnamon Horchata. The marketing executive who "designed" this beer should be prosecuted for crimes against humanity. Cinnamon camouflaging old diapers is not a desirable flavor in any beer.

Haha my wife thought it sounded good and wanted to try it. 2 years later it's still in the fridge (minus the 1 bottle i swirled; foul). Thanks for the reminder i need to toss the rest of that trash.

Some beer that I had in Dallas Texas - It tasted like it was brewed with beef bullion. I don't remember the name.

Have to agree. When camping we have a strange beer night. That was my choice. I think I'm the all time grand champion.

Yes. The watermelon Dorado is simply terrible. The watermelon flavor tastes like watermelon vape fluid smells to the non-vaper. Did not finish it. It made me sad because I like a lot of Ballast Point beers. Not representative of the rest of the brand.

Had a Tank 7 for the first time in a few years. Really rough, medicinal ester profile and some muted hops. Tasted like bad homebrew. I also don't know how the can call it a farmhouse beer when it's fermented with westmalle.

I also enjoy Tank 7. I remember the first time I tried it and how impressed I was. To each his own for sure!

I said it about 2000 posts ago and I think it is worth saying again. Nothing is worse than that nasty, Fruity Pebbles tasting, Leinenkugal's Sunset Wheat.

That **** should be buried under big rock never again to see the light of day.

I also enjoy Tank 7. I remember the first time I tried it and how impressed I was. To each his own for sure!

Yeah I remember liking it the first time as well. I think I've just had too many great saisons since then, and when I go in thinking farmhouse ale and taste big Trappist esters it just throws my tastebuds off.

It also just tasted like it was fermented too hot. Kind of a mess of flavors.

I love root beer so on first sip of not your fathers I was pretty impressed. Then I got deeper into the bottle and the medicinal/artificial sweetener taste was to much. I used the rest for root beer floats. Not to bad.

Worst I cant remember if it was Crime or Punishment by Stone. But it was horrible. Way to much chilli pepper. This had to have been brewed as a joke.

Had a Tank 7 for the first time in a few years. Really rough, medicinal ester profile and some muted hops. Tasted like bad homebrew. I also don't know how the can call it a farmhouse beer when it's fermented with westmalle.

Maybe you caught a bad batch? Tank 7 is the shiz.

I said it about 2000 posts ago and I think it is worth saying again. Nothing is worse than that nasty, Fruity Pebbles tasting, Leinenkugal's Sunset Wheat.

That **** should be buried under big rock never again to see the light of day.

You spelled "Berry Weiss" wrong. That stuff takes the cake...beer Kool-aid.

Not that that Sunset Wheat is good though, not by a long stretch.

Guinness nitro IPA. I'd honestly rather have a 40 of malt liquor. It was just terrible, and I'm pretty good at appreciating beers even if they're not my preference. I just couldn't wrap my head around why anyone would like it. It tastes like crystal light powdered iced tea.

You're not alone. I've never dumped a beer that I purchased in my life until I tried that. I even tried hard to like it and drink it and couldn't make it past 1/3 glass.

I also hated Watermelon Dorado to the point where I'm scared to try some of their other "flavored" IPA's. Tastes like straight up syrup/extract artificial flavoring. Wouldn't have been AS bad if the beer weren't 10% ABV, the large alcohol taste paired with it is a recipe for disaster. Like mixing sweet mixers with vodka.

You're not alone. I've never dumped a beer that I purchased in my life until I tried that. I even tried hard to like it and drink it and couldn't make it past 1/3 glass.

I also hated Watermelon Dorado to the point where I'm scared to try some of their other "flavored" IPA's. Tastes like straight up syrup/extract artificial flavoring. Wouldn't have been AS bad if the beer weren't 10% ABV, the large alcohol taste paired with it is a recipe for disaster. Like mixing sweet mixers with vodka.

The pineapple sculpin is good, not nearly as good as grapefruit though, That's great.

Recently I would have to say both Oculto, a tequila flavored malt liquor beer. And the "Not your fathers rootbeer". I am also one to appreciate a beer if its not my flavor. But damn. The Oculto was pretty rough for me but the rootbeer beer was flat out disgusting. Chocked down hald the Oculto and 2 drinks outta the Fathers and the rest went into the pig bucket!

Pretty bad aye? I always see those cans and feel like I need to at least try it... for good measure. Instead, I always walk away. Something about Guinness and IPA just doesn't jive in my brain. Are they importing water to make it?

No need to try it, it really does suck. It did't jive for me either but I went for it. My son an I opened a can each poured it in the pint glasses, took a swig and spit it out at the same time. The other 4 cans are sitting out in the shed.

Sometimes I wonder what the "big name" light beers and those "ice" beers compare to our basic lager/cheap mass swill.

Anyone who had both basic eurobeer (heineken, but not the crap export stuff or maybe one of the basic german ones such as bitburger) and the US basic ones who can compare?

Had a bottle of new Belgium Ranger that was super nasty. It tasted like wet socks. Or rather it tasted like wet socks smell because I've never tasted wet socks. Probably just a skunked bottle but I've never been able to buy Ranger again.

Try it again, check the date to make sure you get a fresh one. Ranger is one of my go-to summer IPA, they are extra delicious.

Yeah I remember liking it the first time as well. I think I've just had too many great saisons since then, and when I go in thinking farmhouse ale and taste big Trappist esters it just throws my tastebuds off.

It also just tasted like it was fermented too hot. Kind of a mess of flavors.

To each his own. That's what makes this thread so interesting. Nobody is right or wrong.

I don't know that it's the worst commercial beer I've ever had, buy maybe the most disappointing for me was Mango Magnifico from Founders. I've wanted to try it for awhile and just recently the local liquor store got some bombers in. I snagged one right away, rushed home (not really, but it sounds better that way) and tried it. It was just way too sweet. Over the top mango. A nice habanero heat at the end, but I couldn't even finish the bomber because it was so sweet. I can see why others would like it, but it wasn't for me.

Only one I ever dumped was Sapporo Stone Warrior. My Brother-in-law gave it to me because he didn't like it and Jesus Christ it tasted like a band aid.

If I had to guess the bottles were infected, but I took two sips and pitched the rest out the window.

Leinenkugel's Original. It was horrible when I was 20 and it's horrible now. My least favorite commercial craft beer was called a little crazy by Revolution, a good brewery. It had an aftertaste of grape robutussin.

Swamp Ape IPA by Florida Beer Company. Possibly a more flavor appropriate name would be Swamp Ass IPA. This thing was truly nasty. And I don't recall the exact price but it was a damn expensive four pack.

Good one, I've tried a few of theirs and no

Had a bottle of new Belgium Ranger that was super nasty. It tasted like wet socks. Or rather it tasted like wet socks smell because I've never tasted wet socks. Probably just a skunked bottle but I've never been able to buy Ranger again.

Every bottle of Ranger and Rampant for 3 years taste kind of like that to me. Not a gnarly funky stench, but more like seaweed and cardboard box, with wet sweaty fabric. Not BO sweat though, just fresh sweat. mmm, the fresh scent of fresh sweat. Get yours today! Anyway...

Texian brewing is my worst commercial experience. Local brewery to me, directly across from a cattle operation. A year or two ago, every single beer they put out was infected with various bugs, including leuconostoc. Leuco is like damp decaying hay with a touch of vomit, not something you'd want in a beer. They started canning, and cans were actually exploding. Retailers stopped carrying them, they mentioned nothing about it on the social medias and kept carrying on like nothing happened. The owners seemed like really prideful and kind of arrogant people when I went to the brewery after they opened and were probably unaware of the problem or didn't care. Since then all the beers they release are "wild" or "sour" beers in 750s at like 13 dollars a bottle. Talk about turning chicken **** into chicken salad! Haven't tried them since.

Im sure its better now so not knocking it but growing up 25 years ago milwaukee's best was $5 a case and we called it diarrhea beer, you had to be hard up to buy it because you paid for it the next day

The Beast is one of my go to cheep beers I wish I could find it on tap around here! I love it!

-Altrez

Stone Master of Disguise... This was part of their "Stochasicity Project" a couple years ago. Supposedly a "blonde imperial stout" with coffee.

Tasted like 3 day old diner coffee poured into a syrupy blonde mess. Freakin disgusting and turned me off of coffee beers for quite some time.

Back