Worm like thing in beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrown121500

Reaction score
Have any of you guys ever seen a worm like thing in your beer? Buddy got this in his the other day. The manufacturer stated "This is brewer's yeast. " But of all the ciders I have made, and all the beers I have ever drank; I never encountered anything like it.

beerworm.PNG

I also thought it was a tape worm, he asked the about this second picture and asked if this was also "brewers yeast", now they want to take it off a public forum. They replied "Could you please send us an e-mail with the best-by date from the label? (We can share correspondence easier with the brewery via e-mail.)"

beer2.jpg

I also thought it was a tape worm, he asked the about this second picture and asked if this was also "brewers yeast", now they want to take it off a public forum. They replied "Could you please send us an e-mail with the best-by date from the label? (We can share correspondence easier with the brewery via e-mail.)"

what are we looking at in this second picture? doesn't look like a bottle anymore.

J.

1st one could be the beer ring from the bottom, which happens when you bottle in a used bottle and you didn't clean it well. I've seen something similar.

2nd pic looks like dinosaur larvae in a piece of Jurassic amber. If you got that in your beer, run! (or is it "stand very still"... can't remember velociraptor protocol).

Are you sure its not a bottle of tequila? That would seem more normal :ban: :D

Are we allowed to inquire about who the brewery is? Or is that against forum rules? I would definitely pressure them for more answers. I would definitely not drink it. And I would pour it through a coffee filter and see if you cant catch that thing and get a better look at it

Leave it in the bottle as it adds more credibility to your concerns. Check the other bottles in the case.

I have found ants and even a mouse in a bottle of Coca-Cola when they had returnable bottles. Bad QC back then. I got a free case of Coke out of the mouse from the local distributor. Yeah it was gross but I didn't drink it either.

1st one could be the beer ring from the bottom, which happens when you bottle in a used bottle and you didn't clean it well. I've seen something similar.

2nd pic looks like dinosaur larvae in a piece of Jurassic amber. If you got that in your beer, run! (or is it "stand very still"... can't remember velociraptor protocol).

This was a commercial beer, not a home brew so I REALLY hope its not.

Are you sure its not a bottle of tequila? That would seem more normal :ban: :D

Are we allowed to inquire about who the brewery is? Or is that against forum rules? I would definitely pressure them for more answers. I would definitely not drink it. And I would pour it through a coffee filter and see if you cant catch that thing and get a better look at it

I'm not sure if its allowed or not, hence why I cropped the label out of the picture. They are only communicating to my buddy who got he beer via email at this time.

No need to know the vendor...but...The suspense is killing us as to what that thing really is...your permanently band if you leave us hanging...:D

That just looks nasty! Hopefully they get it figured out, but I'm curious as to what it is also.

So the last update I have is that the brewery wanted to know the "best by " date on the bottle and the batch number. That tells me their initial comment that its yeast is total BS. I haven't heard anything definitive yet, I will keep you guys posted if I find anything.

So the last update I have is that the brewery wanted to know the "best by " date on the bottle and the batch number. That tells me their initial comment that its yeast is total BS. I haven't heard anything definitive yet, I will keep you guys posted if I find anything.

So we still dont get to know the brewery??

Beer was from "Merchant du Vin - Specialty Beer Importers Since " was suppose to be gluten free ale (buddy was trying different beers to find out was was making his stomach upset) and thought it might be some strange thing with gluten.

Beer was from "Merchant du Vin - Specialty Beer Importers Since " was suppose to be gluten free ale (buddy was trying different beers to find out was was making his stomach upset) and thought it might be some strange thing with gluten.

Is the bottle still capped with the original seal? If so, keep it that way. If you decide to take it somewhere for testing, you don't want it breached and for someone to say that you monkeyed with it.

Okay, you got a refund, or something like that.
It's not a bad idea to see the doctor, though I think that if you did not get sick immediately, you probably won't.

Back