World Series predictions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a cubs fan...and because of that, I could care less. It's officially all about football for me now. I'm just glad the yanks got knocked out.

It makes me feel good as a Yankees fan that once again it only took one response for my team to be mentioned. We are always on your minds... good or bad, the Yankees obviously rule baseball.

Giants in 6. They will lose the Lee games but should win everything else.

It makes me feel good as a Yankees fan that once again it only took one response for my team to be mentioned. We are always on your minds... good or bad, the Yankees obviously rule baseball.

Giants in 6. They will lose the Lee games but should win everything else.

You're right...Yankees are always on everyone's mind. It's because of the rediculous amount of money they spend to get the best of the best. It should be illegal. Every team should have the same salary amount, that way it would be fair. Im not going to say I'm not jealous...I am. The cubs have a huge salary cap, but they don't use it in the right way (soriano). I don't think the yankees even have a cap.

MLB has never made a rule about it, so you're basically complaining about a non-issue.

If the market supports the team, that is all that matters, and obviously, the market supports the Yankees. As a fan, I'd be pissed off if they didn't spend the money we gave them to improve the team.

All I hear is complaints from other teams' fans, but then I watch games during the regular season and stadiums are less than half full. The Rays, while in first place in one of their best seasons, had to give away 20k tickets to a game during the pennant race this year, and only had 37k total at the game! That is embarrassing!

Yankees Stadium hits 95% every game... EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Texas deserved to beat us because the Yanks played like they didn't want it, and I have no problem saying that. But whenever you guys knock on the Yankees, just know that real Yankees fans smile because the jealousy is what carries us through non-championship off-seasons.

Haha!! +10

MLB has never made a rule about it, so you're basically complaining about a non-issue.

If the market supports the team, that is all that matters, and obviously, the market supports the Yankees. As a fan, I'd be pissed off if they didn't spend the money we gave them to improve the team.

All I hear is complaints from other teams' fans, but then I watch games during the regular season and stadiums are less than half full. The Rays, while in first place in one of their best seasons, had to give away 20k tickets to a game during the pennant race this year, and only had 37k total at the game! That is embarrassing!

Texas deserved to beat us because the Yanks played like they didn't want it, and I have no problem saying that. But whenever you guys knock on the Yankees, just know that real Yankees fans smile because the jealousy is what carries us through non-championship off-seasons.

I'm not insulting the yankees. They're a good team...full of good players. But...that's the problem. Not every city has the money that NY does. Not every market has people that can afford to go to a game. Like I said...I'm a cubs fan. We pack the stadium to 100% capacity nearly every game. BUT...I feel like that's why the owners don't feel the need to spend money. Why spend money if the fans will still come, right?

What gets me is that the yankees will offer players millions more than they're worth (or any other team will pay them) to play. It's bull**** that one team has so many huge names.

I feel the same way about Boston...but they're not near as bad.

I was at that Rays game and a few before it. No one shows up to the games here. As a fan it's disappointing and makes me wonder how long we'll have a team. It's not like the tickets are expensive, you can pick em up for $12.

First, my pick: Ranger in 6
Second, my thoughts on the Yankee's.

I dislike the Yankee's because they have the money to spend. Not because they spend the money. Call it envy, not rage. I dislike Yankee fans that have no connection to New York. I have no problem with being a fan of a players. But don't chose to primarily support a team because it can purchase big name players. I think that people should support teams with which they have a connection. It's like: I primarily support my local brew supply shop but will occasionally grab on to a good online deal. I am willing to pay the extra few bucks(or support a non-champion team) to have that local connection, but I am not oblivious to good deals(or good athletes). Our county is run on a free-market economy. I don't see why our sports should be subject to caps if most other industries are not. Those that want a 'level playing field' are getting it already. It's called America. Each team has the opportunity to come up with more capital, and if they believe they are disadvantaged, they should do so in lieu of seeking an un-American market system.

BTW, I'm from Kansas City and I support the Royals. :(

~Mike

I grew up just south of Dallas so I've been a Rangers fan my whole life. I really liked that A-Rod was the final out that gave the Rangers the pennant. For years as Rangers fans we had to vicariously cheer for former Rangers in the post season. It was great to see Kenny Rogers win a Series in 96. The same with Pudge and the Marlins. A-Rod finally got one last year. That's as good as it got for us. When A-Rod was that final out this year I realized that for once in my lifetime we didn't have to cheer vicariously anymore. We could actually cheer for our team. And that was a great feeling for a fan of a team that finally managed to put out their 50-year-long dumpster fire and start playing top notch baseball...

And then the Rangers acted a little too happy to be there last night and urinated all over themselves. Oh well. There are still plenty of games to go and I'll be watching and cheering for my team.

So back to the original topic, Rangers in 6 (L-W-W-W-L-W) given last night's loss.

I don't like the Yankees because the players and too many of the Yankee fans I've encountered are completely without class. A-roid fits right in there.

I don't like the Yankees because the players and too many of the Yankee fans I've encountered are completely without class. A-roid fits right in there.

This is one of my issues too. Like someone said above... I don't have a problem with yankees fans that actually live in NY or have some ties to the team that gives them a good reason. I have a problem with the fans in my neighborhood who like them only because they have so much money and tend to win. I don't really like bandwagon fans.

On top of that...everytime someone in my area talked bad about the yankees, a yankees fan has to pop out and say "you're just jealous because your team sucks." No...I'm jealous we don't have the buying power to get whoever we want. Stop cheering for a team just because they win and start having some pride in the local team.

I cant speak for the "diaspora", but unfortunately, you are correct about this, to an extent.

The reason I say "to an extent", is that this exists almost everywhere. I was heckled, cursed and spit at while attending a Dodgers game for wearing a Yankees jersey the year Joe Torre became their manager. I have friends who have been in fights at Fenway. I had a Boston fan try to start with me and my 18 year old brother at a game a few years ago at Yankees Stadium!

But, on the other hand, I have been to a few places where baseball games were classy and fun. Baltimore is notorious for being South Yankees Stadium, and I've never had a problem there. St. Louis and Kansas City were both top notch also. Colorado is another place where a visiting fan can feel comfortable.

Go to Philly and wear an opposing jersey, or Boston or LA. Good luck.

No...I'm jealous we don't have the buying power to get whoever we want. Stop cheering for a team just because they win and start having some pride in the local team.

I 100% agree with your point. Unless you grew up somewhere and moved later in life, or have a serious reason for being a fan of a certain team, you should either keep your mouth shut or root for the home team.

Go get em Rangers!!!!

For Yankee fans you will always have doucebags that probably dont know more than a few players that want to root for teams because its cool. Dont hate the Yankees because of money or how they spend it, they have fans that go and they have an owner who wants to win not a guy that just wants to not lose money. (Tom Hicks)

What do you call 24 millionaires sitting at home watching the World Series?......the New York Yankees!

Buncha overpaid bums.

But at least the Yankees payroll got them to the ALCS, what do the Red Sox and the Cubs to name a few have to show

The Rangers payroll is barely over a third of the Yankees payroll, and they not only made it TO the ALCS, but they won it.

In fact, A-roid and Derek Cheater's salary combine to equal the Ranger's entire payroll. LOL!

Oh yea I know this. I was born and raised in Dallas. I love my rangers.

I'm just saying that everyone hates the big bad yankees for spending the money but they arent the only ones

Everytime someone complains, I know my money is going to the right team. Direct your anger where it belongs: at your fanbase and owners which both refuse to spend money to support your teams. Sucks to be you; I can expect a championship every few years!

You seem to be a big baseball fan... how many World Series and playoff games have you attended ChshreCat? ;) The atmosphere is electric. It's fun to be there every year.

It wouldn't be worth it to have to cheer for a team like the Yankees. I don't care about the spending. Doesn't bother me at all. I won't root for the yankees like I won't cheer for Michael Vick.

Oh, I've been to a few playoff games. They're great. But I'd rather go to less with another team than be a Yankee fan.

Giants either in 4 or 6. I think if we win tomorrow it's all over. I can't see the Rangers playing so bad at home though. Last night was a huge punch in the gut.

I was at that Rays game and a few before it. No one shows up to the games here. As a fan it's disappointing and makes me wonder how long we'll have a team. It's not like the tickets are expensive, you can pick em up for $12.

Plenty show up. I go to a LOT of games and I know. 10-15,000 people isn't "no one". You listen to the negative media too much.

So... I take that as a big no. Hopefully you get to go to a playoff game one day, you'll enjoy it. I'll be at one next year again, can't wait!

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. You have to get past the Rays (our payroll is getting lopped now, but I say we still make it tough for the rest of the AL East).

What's interesting is how the Yankees can go out and buy the talent to do well, year after year. Getting to the playoffs almost every time. Yet once they get into the playoffs, you'd think that with all the best players that money could by, the world series would be a cinch. Yet it never works out that way. Why? Because you can't buy a team. It takes a TEAM to really gel and win in the playoffs and a bunch of hired guns thrown together have trouble competing in that atmosphere. They're good in the long haul over the regular season, but it usually doesn't work for the 5 and 7 game series'.

edit: How did this become the Obnoxious Baseball Trashtalk Thread? ;)

i live right here in arlington, 4 miles from the stadium. traffic today was killer from people coming in for the game tomorrow. drive home from work normally takes 45 minutes. took an hour and 15 minutes today. and all for a losing team

I live about 40 mintues from arlington... drove past there every evening this week. Traffic was fine.

Oh wait... you don't mean Arlington, WA... :D

Go Seahawks! :drunk:

implied-facepalm.jpg

Bah. Disappointing show from Sanchez tonight, but it's obviously not lights-out yet. Got Bumgarner (ace rookie) coming on tomorrow who's shown way more consistency than Sanchez, and then it's back to Lincecum & Cain if it even gets that far. Just pull off 1 more win (or 2 if you guys feel like it!) and take it back home for the clincher!

Try to stretch it out a bit. I picked Giants in 7. Winner gets 100 bucks credit at a German brewhaus in Seattle. :D

Never seen a better inning pitched than by Bumgarner tonight...had Texas completely on its tits with only 3 hits allowed, finishing in the 8th with 2 strikeouts! Hats off to the Giants' defense too-had some massive plays tonight!

ONE MOOOOOORE!!!!!! :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Back