Work is trying to screw me... what should i do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post 9-11 Pamphlet

Theres the link to eligiblity and whatnot... since I had 18 months im only entitled to 70% of the benefit.. as long as I go full time.. and trust me with a house two cars a full time job.. a part time job adding full time school is a pain in the ass!

The GI bill is something that you invested in, and is now paying you back.

This is a different situation but I have another question to pose for guys who were active duty and now using the benefit. I thought that while you were in you paid into a GI bill account (similar to 401k) and now that your out and want to use those benefits you get a monthly check for going to school.

The GI Bill is a benifit that you get while going to school, it is paid directly to you not to the school, it doesn't have to be used for tuition it can be used for whatever you want. They cannot count using the GI Bill monies against you anymore than using your own paycheck monies toward tuition.

the G.I. bill is money you earned and payed in to while serving. the stipulation to receive that money is to be enrolled in school, that's it. nowhere does it say that that money has to be spent on tuition.

Something that has not been brought up is the fact that you NEVER had to pay into the GI Bill in order to receive the NEW GI Bill (Ch 33). Every single svcmbr who served post 9/11 is eligible to some extent, regardless of if they contributed into the GI Bill. Also, with the particular GI Bill that Mirilis is using, the school gets the money from the VA, so he cannot just spend it on whatever he wants.

The people who contributed the $1200 and then use the Ch 33 GI Bill get their $1200 refunded.

Now, I am somewhat getting screwed. I contributed my $1200 and then an additional $600 "Kicker" which amps up my Ch30 benefits a bit. If I decide to use the Ch33, I will get my $1200 back but that $600 is long long. It even says on the VA Site that you wont get your $600 back. I am using Ch 30 benefits for the time being, so at least I can see a little bit of my $600 investment, but I am frankly getting tired of ponying up ~$2000 at the beginning of a semester and then getting paid back over the course of the semester, so I might be switching to Ch33 soon.

. . . I might be switching to Ch33 soon.
:off: I switched over to ch.33 with absolutly no problem, but right now tons of people aren't getting paid because of the "unprecedented amount of people" that switched over all at once. almost all of my friends who switched to ch33 didn't get paid for about 5 months! the VA even had to issue emergency checks to tons of people because the transition to ch33 has been such a cluster****.

Ive had many many problems with trying to get the VA stuff done when I first signed up for the Guard. One semester I had to pay everything out of pocket because they told me I didnt fill out some form on Virtual Armory or some lameness.

The CH33 benefit is pretty nice.. the only thing I can say is make sure you send them your class info 6 weeks ahead of time if you want it paid on time. My first quarter they were almost 8 weeks getting the benefits paid and I had to get a temporary funding loan from school in order not to be dropped from classes. This quarter the money came before it was actually due wich was nice. I only had to come up with the remaining few hundred bucks.

Latest posts

Back