WOOOO!!! Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naga77777

Reaction score
WOOOOO!!

(As in this commercial:) [ame]http://youtu.be/dWzH_D8SQwI[/ame]

First batch ever got put into bottles today.

(don't tell anyone it took me a couple hours start>finish)

NB Caribou Slobber. 3wks Primary, 1wk Secondary.

Had a few mishaps, but I don't appreciate any off-flavors from tasting the uncarbonated hydrometer samples.

I ended up getting 43 regular bottles, plus 2 bombers out of this batch. (a little trick I picked up from HBT-- put a beer in a bomber and just forget about it. Then try it in 6mos/1yr to see how it ages.)

Sanitized bottles on the tree, about to rack from 2ndary to Bottling bucket:

2012-08-04_14-10-06_179.jpg

.....aaaaaaaaannd, beer.

2012-08-04_15-06-45_756.jpg

I've only started maybe 2 threads, but read and read and read this forum for weeks straight while I was waiting for my Groupon "appt date" to pick up my starter kit from a LHBS.

All that knowledge really paid off, thanks guys :ban:

Nice going! If I'm doing it on my own, bottling can take me about that long if you include the label peeling and sanitizing, so don't worry about that. When someone drinks it and says, "Damn, that's come delicious beer!" they're not going to care how long it took you to bottle it.

Looks good! I've always thought a couple hours was standard for bottling (sanitizing, setup, bottle, breakdown), so don't think it took too long.

I've got a 12-pack of bombers that I label with masking tape, and I put 2 from my bottling day in there. Once the box was full, I started putting the 2 oldest in the fridge to condition, and when the next brew day comes, I drink them as an offering to the mash gods. It's worked out well so far!

True, True.

Whenever I go by to visit, my Dad keeps asking me when I'm going to have some ready to drink. ....said I might not live long enough to drink any of my own homebrew, LOL.

I'm already 4 weeks in, and gotta go at least 7 (total) before it's ready.

Get another batch in the pipeline! Otherwise this one will be gone and nothing good to drink will make the next batch just as trying on your patience.

Enjoy!

You bottled and haven't started another batch? You'll see what we mean about building up your "pipeline". Pretty soon you'll get a second fermenter and have two batches running at once. Welcome to "liquid crack"... Cheers, pete

Oh, I already have a couple more going.

I have an IPA that should be ready for bottling this weekend, and a Milk Stout that's 2 weeks (i think) in the primary.

I bought 5gal of Apple Juice, and have a spare Better Bottle at the moment. Working my way towards making some of Edwort's Apfelwein. Just gotta get the yeast and dextrose.

I agree wholeheartedly with the "liquid crack" post :)

Back