Won my first competition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steel, this beer is getting better as it sits in the keg. If it was infected, I must have caught it and its been held at bay with the beer being in the keg at the lower temps and purged of oxygen.
Funny story, I had a friend come over this weekend who boasting about Guinness and how "stout" and "strong" it is when we were talking about homebrew vs commercial beer..
I laughed and gave him a glass of this porter and it totally blew him away. He called me back later and said the Guinness he was drinking at the house is just not the same anymore and tasted "watered down" compared to that porter I gave him and then he asked if he could buy some of the porter from me.
:mug:

Another one coverted to the homebrew side of the force.

@Hello and @AdamGrant09 I just got word that I'll be brewing this at Draft Line on August 29th. Should be served in the taproom soon after!

Congrats! a nice recipe, I need to try it soon!
and a nice label design - I also like your avatar! where is it from?

An update on my 10gal batch, a month later in the kegs and the beer is still getting better and better. I was at the beach this week and had a chance to drink a left hand milk stout which I thought was really good, but after getting back home and pulling another pint of this one, I actually prefer this beer and was amazed at just how much better its coming along sitting in the keg. The creamy chocolate, coffee and toffee notes are starting to meld together nicely.

Great beer and highly recommended!

For anyone close, Draft Line will be serving my Caramel Porter in their taproom tomorrow, starting at 5PM. Come by and grab a pint!

Latest posts

Back