Wolverine Movie Trailer!?!?!?!?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you're right that they do mention him as being Canadian in the X-Men movies. With the clips of him fighting in the Revolutionary War and WWII he just appears as if he's American.
Yes they do rescue him from the ice in Alpha Flight. If I remember correctly he serves time in the Canadian Military before entering the Weapon X program. His mutation is his healing ability. That allows him to survive the fusing of adamantium to his skeleton, and the addition of the claws.
In the trailer looks like it's the American military that does this to him though.

That was my assumption also, but everything I know about X-Men came from the movies (I know, sacrilege), but I'm guessing that isn't supposed to be him

I just went back an re-watched the trailer...WTF????? In the comics...at least the origin I remember, he didn't get the claws till he was in the program...not as a kid...

I just went back an re-watched the trailer...WTF????? In the comics...at least the origin I remember, he didn't get the claws till he was in the program...not as a kid...

In the movies they stuck all the metal **** inside him when he was in that giant aquarium type thing (they show it in the trailer also), so I don't think they changed that. I'm guessing the kid was some pawn of the new bad guys since Wolverine was such a good idea except his attitude problem.

I don't get it.... at least I wasn't off base and remembered the story right. The bad guy in the movie will eventually be the weapon-X program and Sabretooth who does not have anything to do with metal.

I think they are just changing it to make Wolverine have weird metal claws in him from birth. That's dumb and makes zero sense even in the setting of something as absurd as X-men. I hope I am wrong.

Sabertooth, IIRC is actually his brother...right? It's been a long time since I actually read the books...

I remember them being related but I can't remember how exactly. I also remember Wolvie only having the healing thing as his true mutation...the claws and skeleton were additions. But it's only been like 25 years since I looked at anything other than the movies! :p

-Tripod

Nope not actually related. Chris Claremont (creator of Sabretooth) originally planned on them being Father (Sabretooth) and son (Wolverine). It got shot down by subsequent writers of the series though.

I remember them being related but I can't remember how exactly. I also remember Wolvie only having the healing thing as his true mutation...the claws and skeleton were additions. But it's only been like 25 years since I looked at anything other than the movies! :p

-Tripod

This is what I remember from the canon of the 80's x-men...and that they were brothers.....at least they thought they were for a few issues.

According to the "Origins" series they did a few years back, Wolverine did have bone claws that manifested themselves as he began adolescence. The adamantium was grafted onto him later in the Weapon X program. This jibes with the fact that Magneto ripped the adamantium out of him back in the mid-90s, so he was running around with bone claws for a couple of years 'til the metal got put back into him somehow.
http://www.lostsoulwolverine.com/gallery/g287.jpg

So nobody thinks that the kid-with-claws scene was just a small portion of a dream sequence? Who says it isn't a scene that Logan has a nightmare about being a terror of a little kid, or dreaming about the possibility of his own child being a little clawed monster.

I know I'm ready to have the answer.

Wolverine's bone claws are natural. The adamantium was implanted over them. Magneto removed the adamntium from wolverine and he still had his claws. That was the lamest thing they ever did to his character.

The 1st X-men movie was great. Wolverine is the only thing that made the last two movies really go well. Hugh Jackman was bad-ass and I'm looking forward to what they do with origins.

Gambit is a gay ass character. I mean primary that he is stupid in the internet "gay" (retarded) definition but he is also most likely a homosexual. I have no problem with that, but Gambit just sucks. Deadpool is aight.

I think they did well with rogue. Although the girl isn't the sexy rogue from the comic books, I think making her a girl really worked, especially with her crush on Logan as a protecter/father figure.

Sabretooth long claimed to be Wolverine's father. I don't know that that was ever proven, however, and I personally think he was full of **** and just screwing with Logan's head. I usually can't stand Liev Schreiber but we'll see how that works out.

I'm really looking forward to Watchmen (can't ****ing wait, actually) and The Prestige was badass. Way better than The Illusionist, but how could you go wrong with Christopher Nolan directing Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, David Bowie and Michael Caine.

That's all, I think. :)

Gambit is one of my favorite X-men. Take it back.

nerd-fight_thumb.jpg

Gambit is one of my favorite X-men. Take it back.
Meh, Gambit's cool in the I'm a mutant theif sort of way...but ya, kinda lame....sorry.
Ah-hem...we are geeks, not nerds. Nerds argue about how Bohm's theory of the Holographic Universe completely trumps Eistein's T.o.R.....geeks argue if Wolverine's healing factor would stand up against a Zombie bite.....

Back