Wolffer Rose Dry Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCorley

Reaction score
Does anybody have any hints on how to clone this stuff? I've never done a cider before. The wife loves this stuff. It'd be nice to have it in my portfolio.

http://store.wolffer.com/no-139-dry-ciders-c7.aspx
Rosier and slightly sweeter than our white cider due to a small addition of red grape skin extract.
Cider-139-rose_91661.png

Hi RCorley - Not at all familiar with this cider but it looks like the bottle sorta kinda tells you. They macerate grape skins with the apple to make the cider rose and presumably to add some grape flavor to the must. Red wine is (with some exceptions) white wine with added grape skins kept in the must for a few days only. But where to get suitable grape skins for this cider..? That I don't know. An alternative might be to try to buy a barrel that was used to age red wine. Just thinking aloud here: there may be enough wine in the wood itself to leach out and flavor and color the cider... There may also be some brettanomyces lambicus in the wood to provide additional complexity to the cider...

Latest posts

Back