Wolffer Rose Dry Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCorley

Reaction score
Does anybody have any hints on how to clone this stuff? I've never done a cider before. The wife loves this stuff. It'd be nice to have it in my portfolio.

http://store.wolffer.com/no-139-dry-ciders-c7.aspx
Rosier and slightly sweeter than our white cider due to a small addition of red grape skin extract.
Cider-139-rose_91661.png

Never had the stuff but it would be a fun project.
Does it have a strong apple flavor or more of a wine cooler flavor?

Buy some preservative free apple juice and frozen white grape concentrate from the grocery store. Pour the juice and add one can of frozen concentrate at a time until your OG falls in the range of 1.052 -1.055. This will get you the desired 7% ABV. This will roughly be 1 can per gallon. As far as the grape skin extract goes, if you cannot find any you can try use wine tannin powder to flavor it to match the source flavor. Tannin powder is made from the skins and seeds of grapes. If you want to carbonate it, you can carbonate it the same as beer. It is supposed to be dry so no back sweetening necessary.

For a more apple flavor, replace the white grape concentrate with apple juice concentrate.
I like to us an ale yeast with my ciders, Nottingham is awesome. Wine yeast will make it very dry.

Back