Wlp300 wb-06 mix ? Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duffstuff

Reaction score
I Searched for this answer but found no definitive right answer. So hope you. An help. I recieved a vial of wlp300 hefewiezen yeast in the mail from my brew supplier .
When I opened it it was partially frozen . I looked up what to do and made a starter. . Nothing much happened and against better judgement I pitched it anyway.
Now after 2 days fermentation has slowed/stopped considerably. it dropped from 1.052 to 1.035 .
The brew shop sent me a wb-06 to help.
My question is I'm not sure what to do with it. Should I wait and see what happens or just pitch the dry yeast
Also will this affect the yeast already in there flavor wise. I was planning on washing this yeast for future brew.

Thanks for any help you have and apologies for any vague or stupid questions im still in noob and panic territory .

It is too early to panic. Wlp300 is kinda of a slow finisher in my book. Check the gravity in 3 days to see if it is still falling. If it is then leave it be for a few weeks. If not still falling then pitch the dry stuff. I wouldn't wash the yeast if you pitch the dry. Also the flavors will not be as pronounced since the dry will ferment it out a bit cleaner. I like to underpitch my hefeweizen and let it take its time personally.

Ill bet if you made a starter, that the 300 is still doing its job. dont tinker with it until the FG doesnt change for a few days. My 300 batches finish out quickly and always taste great now that I ferment at 62°F.

If I were you I would brew another batch and use the dry yeast.
if you only have it fermenting for 2 days, give it a full week before you panic. Ill bet it will finish out. Low flocc yeast isnt going to drop out. Theyll put up a good fight

Latest posts

Back