wlp 380 question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheaYat

Reaction score
i used wlp 380 for the first time in a wheat and its been slow as hell but tastin good. its been in the secondary for 2 weeks. the airlock is showin slow activity after i added 3oz of orange zest. but the gravity has been the same for almost a week. should i bottle? thanks alot God Bless

Exactly what happened to me with that yeast, I just kegged yesterday at 2 1/2 weeks. FG had been stable for about 4 days. it didn't clarify that much but I just chalked it up to the style. Smells great and I'm surprised at how citrisy it is. I fermented at the lower end of the scale around 65.

hmmmm really? to be on the safe side, I was gonna wait another week then bottle. strange how it keeps going. even after takin the plug out to grab a sample to check the gravity it gets goin again. I mean it's extremely slow but I see the bubbles forming in the star san and constant activity. I never used the yeast before.

Back