Wlp 007

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catch-22

Reaction score
Wow what an attitude this yeast has. Made a starter 24 hrs before pitching. Pitched and a couple hours later my blow off was going...bloop.....bloop. Not sure of the flavor profile but for speed I can't complain.

I had pretty much the same issue with this strain. I had done a lager right before my current porter, so the temperature controlled freezer was at around 50F. I put my porter in and forgot to set the temp higher. It still had a kreusen by the next day when I noticed the low temp. I raised the temp up to 65F but the kreusen dropped the next day and I figured I had a stuck fermentation. I raised the temp up to 70F and then 73F but there was no new activity. I added a packet of nottingham that I have on hand for emergencies, and still nothing. Finally I decided to just take a hydro reading and it was completely fermented out at 1.015. I'm thinking it did all of the work in the first day and a half while it was way below temp. I think I like this strain.

Back