Wiring Help for Analog Fermentation Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlfA01

...it ain't sold in heaven...
Reaction score
Hello HBT DIY'ers,

I'm looking for a little help with wiring this analog style temp control. I have my theories about how to wire it, but I wanted to see if anyone might have some technical input to offer. I want to use this to control a fermentation chamber during the winter months. It will be on during the night hours to operate a small heater that will help keep my temps up during the cold months.

The unit is made by Opticon (Dutch company) is rated at 250V and 16A. From the photos you can see that there are four wiring terminals. At the far bottom I believe is the ground lug. At the top from right to left, I was thinking should be input hot wire, center neutral wires (in and out) and the left would be hot output.

I contacted the company, as I came across three units made by the same company. All are for different applications, such as a digital timer and speed controller for applications such as fans. These are agricultural grade units that were intended to operate heating and cooling systems for barns, grain storage, etc.

I'd like to use this simple little controller and not setup a an STC 1000 or other gadget, as its only a temporary fermentation setup.

Thanks for any input.

Cheers,
AlfA01

IMG_20151111_110304.jpg

IMG_20151111_110336.jpg

Latest posts

Back