Wiring DPST 240 Volt Switch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banjoman002

Reaction score
About to connect DPST 240 v Switch as per P-J's schematic but I'm a bit confused as to the hook ups...Not sure how the numbers on the back of the switch correspond to the schematic. I'm assuming the top connections are 1 and 4 as shown in the schematic and that would leave the bottom connections 2 and 5 as shown in the schematic. I'm confused because of the 3 and 6 inscribed above the two bottom connections.

Switch.jpg

About to connect DPST 240 v Switch as per P-J's schematic but I'm a bit confused as to the hook ups...Not sure how the numbers on the back of the switch correspond to the schematic. I'm assuming the top connections are 1 and 4 as shown in the schematic and that would leave the bottom connections 2 and 5 as shown in the schematic. I'm confused because of the 3 and 6 inscribed above the two bottom connections.

Without knowing exactly what switch you are talking about (I know its a Mouser but what part #) I'm going to have to guess on this.....so I'm guessing its an NKK Model S332.

3 and 6 are not used in this application.

As long as your two input wires are on 2 and 5 and your output wires are on 1 and 4 you should be fine. Hope this helps.

DPST.jpg

Sorry to make you guess. It's an NKK 2TPF6 that I got from Grainger.

Toggle Switch, Maintained, DPST, 25A
Contact Rating @ 125V 25 Amps, Contact Rating @ 250V 25 Amps, Contact Form DPST, Switch Function On/Off
It only has 4 wiring points on the back. As per my crude drawing in my original post, the top left connection is labled 1 with a 4 directly beneath it and the top right connection is labled 4 with a 5 directly beneath it .

The bottom two connections are labled 3 and 6. Since I need 4 connections and the switch has 4 terminals...I must assume the bottom 2 are my 2 and 5. Why they are labled 3 and 6, I don't know. This is P-J's schematic of the switch wiring and this is the switch he recommended

P-J's Switch.jpg

Auberin-wiring1-a4-4500w-BIAB-30d.jpg

Ahhhhhh ok. That's the NKK S331. P-J's diagram shows something more similar to a S332. What they did was just remove pins 2 and 5, the center pins. Anyway, ignore the numbers, it really doesn't matter.

Just connect your 2 input wires to one side and your 2 output wires to the other side.

DPSTS331.jpg

Latest posts

Back