Wiring a auber digital ssr help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfish713

Reaction score
Are you just building a boil controller, or will you have a PID for an HLT and/or MLT?

The DSPR1 is not an SSR, but rather an SSR controller. It has to be connected to a separate SSR, similar to how a PID is connected. The DSPR2 has a built in SSR, but it is only rated for 3A, so is not suitable for controlling a heating element.

Brew on :mug:

I plan on a pid for the hlt and a cooler for the mlt with out a element and using the dspr1 to control my bk. And that's kinda my question do I wire the dspr1 as it were a pid? Not sure if the wiring would be the same as a pid or not.

So you're planning on a PID for your HLT. You're going to use this to set your strike temp, right?
And you're going to use the DSPR1 for your BK.

Review the manual for the device here: http://auberins.com/images/Manual/DSPR1 manual_V1.pdf

A DSPR does not require a temperature probe, so the wiring will be different than for a PID. On the DSPR1 terminals 9 and 10 are for Neutral and Hot. Terminals 6 & 7 are for SSR control.

Wiring a DSPR1 should be more simple than a PID since you don't have a temp probe to worry about.

Back