Winter brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan19993

Reaction score
Looking for something darker/more robust to brew for these upcoming winter months. Any suggestions? Past experiences?

Stout, Porter, Dubble, Dunkel, Dunkelweisse, Scotch Ale, Bock, Weizenbock, Roggenbier, Brown Ale

I've brewed Stouts, Porters, and Browns before. What exactly are your tastes, and what are you looking for strength wise?

I am a fan of milk stouts, Russial Imperial Stouts, and Robust Porters when it gets cold out. I also really enjoy Dunkleweizen and Weizenbocks but these are my personal tastes. I converted the White House Honey Porter recipe to all grain and was surprised how good it turned out, that is one of my personal favorite cold weather brews.

There are a lot of beers that are great in winter - anything with a bit of body & robust flavour whets my whistle when weathering winter (say that 5 times fast!). Porters are among my personal favourites, largely because of the variations possible within the style.

I'm assuming you are a new brewer - a good way to find things you like it to buy a variety of beers from a liquor store and see what you like (and to hook up with local homebrewers; most of us like to share our brews with other home brewers). Once you have a style or two in mind, people here can direct you to recipes which are in-style, and in many cases, are outright clones of the commercial beers.

Bryan

Back