Wine Celler/Ferm Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurntOrngeLonghorn84

Reaction score
So I found a local company that sales scratch and dent Vinotemp 58 bottle wine coolers for $150 (normally these retail for about 700.00).

Since the temp range is 45-65, i'll mainly use this for lagers. It will be stored in the house (SWMBO doesn't really agree with this, but if i show up with them, it's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission) so I don't need to worry about a heating element.

From what i can tell, the deminsions allow a carboy and/or bucket to fit with the airlock.

For Ales, i'll still be closet brewing. Any concerns with using a wine celler? I'll probably be purchasing two at the $150 dollar cost...seems like too good to be true, so I still have my guard up.

-Chad

Doesn't sound like a bad deal or anything, but for the same price you could get a chest freezer on craigslist and a johnson temp controller. That'd be a lot more cubic footage of cooling power for the same money...

Back