Window AC Chiller - Asking for assistance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archy88

Reaction score
Hello,
I am about to start getting my hands dirty with a window ac based glycol chiller. I have already sourced the AC, cooler, temp controller, hosing and pump. I've done my best to uncover the designs that I would like to mimic and work from. However, I was hoping for some assistance related to my exact setup. Specifically, I would really like a hand on the wiring in terms of what I will need to do to the AC to make it work with the temp controller.

I will post a picture of the wiring diagram of the AC. Hopefully it will be easy enough for one of the experts here to take a look at and recommend how I should proceed.
In addition to the AC, I will be using an STC 1000 (which I have used before for my keezer). I have ordered unassembled heat tape that I will use as a heating wrap. I will also be powering a 370gph pump in addition to the AC itself.

If I can provide ANY more clarification, please ask. Any help you can provide for suggestions or useful links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik
image1.jpeg

My thought, which seems far too simple, is to follow this build: https://backdeckbrewing.wordpress.com/2017/09/05/glycol-chiller-build/. Such that I can disconnect the orange and white wires from the thermostat and splice them together. Without the relay between those wires, it should now be allowed to constantly run. Does this seem reasonable? Am I missing anything else critical?

Thank you very much for any help

Latest posts

Back