Williams Fireside Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's your recipe and when you brewin it?

I'm probably going to take yours and tweak it a little and brew that. If you could change any one thing about the recipe what would it be? I've got an event coming up in November that I want to bring two kegs to. I know that one of the beers I'm bringing will be a Honey Porter but I'm debating on the 2nd. Everyone loves the Fireside so I'm very tempted to try and brew your recipe but I haven't decided yet.

Maybe add a few ounces of lactose 6 or so too get the FG up and add a creamier mouthfeel. IDK really. Personally, not tryin to exact clone, decrease the OG a little cause a few of these babies will F you up. But I'm not at all dissatisfied with the current version. It's great. BTW I checked BS and the SRM was 16. What was the kit? I forget. Wish we were closer so we could do a side by side.

I don't know what the clone was but it wasn't as dark as the pic you posted. When I drink one of them I'll take some pics.

Drinking more fireside today. It definitely needs some lactose maybe 6-8oz and switch the C-60 to 1 and C-20 to 2#. That's drops the SRM from 15.7 to 13.1 according to BS. Although the predicted 15.7 looks more like 17.5. Hope that helps. That's my plan next time. Fine tuning this recipe has been a b$tch. F in Williams. Please comment on any progress.

Will do. I do plan on brewing this before the end of the year for sure.

Back