Will this mini fridge work for a kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angryhippie

Reaction score
Has anyone converted one of these mini fridges: mcbr445s1, mcbr445b1, mcbr445w1. I found a good price on one, but can't find if anyone has actually converted it. Also, is there a list of mini fridges that will work somewhere on this site? I have searched, but can't find one.

I haven't built one yet, but if you google the part number and kegerator you'll get a youtube video of a dude converting a mcbr445s1. Also check the comments to the video. Hope it helps.

I just finished using this exact fridge as a fermentation fridge since I was able to fit a 3 gallon carboy in it with no modification. I only brew 3 gallon batches and this was just too easy, I will probably pick up another one for a keezer, so hopefully somebody can let us know how it works.

I made a kegerator out of this refrigerator. Very small but able to get two corny inside. Was sure/scared to drill through top or sides so I drill through back. The little shelf in back, straight through little off center of compressor. I ran a PVC from the hole I had drill to a large wooden box I made that sits on top of the refrigerator. Have 2 taps works fine

Has anyone found out if there are coils in the top? I plan on setting mine up tonight. I figure since it has the cooling shelf there should be no coils in the top, but you never know.

Back