Will this fan work for my keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vintage Iron

Reaction score
St. Croix River Valley in Western Wisconsin
Running AC into a swampy keezer might not be the safest way to go.
And that ebay AC fan is about an order of magnitude stronger than necessary. You'd be paying for the excess heat it generates.

It only takes a dozen CFM to keep a keezer stirred. I'd opt for the wall wart and an 80 or 120mm fan...

Cheers!

I have a 51 CFM fan i bought from Amazon. I have it mounted in my 7.1CFT keezer facing down. I don't think it is big enough. I don't find it circulates enough air. I'm actually thinking about getting another one so that i will have one on each side of my keezer. The one I have is similar to the one you linked from Ebay. My fan doesn't put out much, if any heat. I would probably go with the 110 CFM but that's just me.

That would work, and the other one as well, though you'd have to have a way to supply 12v power to it.

I'm curious--you're in an area with a Menards; they sell this little fan which I have in my own keezer, and it works fine. Stirs enough air, is cheap, runs off a USB wall wart (supplied), can use a USB extension if you want. Why the focus on the computer fans, esp. since you have to supply power to them. Is it so they can be mounted in a particular place?

I just put mine on top of the kegs and let it go. Haven't had any issues with it.

6211650.jpg

I just took a computer case fan and wired it up to a USB cable. I had a spare 120v 15A duplex outlet with USB ports for charging phones that I wired up to my STC-1000, so anytime the cooling is cycled the fan runs.

I just took a computer case fan and wired it up to a USB cable. I had a spare 120v 15A duplex outlet with USB ports for charging phones that I wired up to my STC-1000, so anytime the cooling is cycled the fan runs.

Love this idea. Set and forget and save a little energy/$ too.

That would work, and the other one as well, though you'd have to have a way to supply 12v power to it.

I'm curious--you're in an area with a Menards; they sell this little fan which I have in my own keezer, and it works fine. Stirs enough air, is cheap, runs off a USB wall wart (supplied), can use a USB extension if you want. Why the focus on the computer fans, esp. since you have to supply power to them. Is it so they can be mounted in a particular place?

I just put mine on top of the kegs and let it go. Haven't had any issues with it.

6211650.jpg

Thanks for redirecting me on this. When you first posted this I thought it looked like a regular room fan, maybe 12" across. Now after looking at the Menards link, I see that it is not that big. This may work perfectly. (And like you say, nice and close by!) Thanks again for the bump.

Back