Will this be a problem....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOnionKnight

Reaction score
Hi guys. So I bought a used keg from AIH and came to find out that the beer out post is slightly damaged. It appears as if it was dropped and the top got bent in a little where the o-ring sits. Is this going to be a problem? Should I try to file it down to remove the edge?
sCFph.jpg

QnBH5.jpg

Best bet is call the vendor. I'm sure they'll replace the keg. at the very least send you new hardware to repair it.

Yeah, I'd tell your vendor and they'll probably send you a new one. If you just don't want to go through the trouble, brand new posts are about $10-12 each, with new o-rings and poppets.

Yeah, I'd tell your vendor and they'll probably send you a new one. If you just don't want to go through the trouble, brand new posts are about $10-12 each, with new o-rings and poppets.

Yup, sending it back would be a pain. Just get them to send you the part. Might not be a problem at all though.

Yup, sending it back would be a pain. Just get them to send you the part. Might not be a problem at all though.

+1

Try and get a replacement. However, it looks fine, I have one or two that are a bit banged up too. Looks like the O-ring groove is undamaged at the bottom, and just slightly bunged up at the top. File it smooth so that:

1 - the O-ring can't get cut on the burr anymore, and
2 - the burr doesn't stick past the diameter of the post so the disconnect can still go on.

+1

Try and get a replacement. However, it looks fine, I have one or two that are a bit banged up too. Looks like the O-ring groove is undamaged at the bottom, and just slightly bunged up at the top. File it smooth so that:

1 - the O-ring can't get cut on the burr anymore, and
2 - the burr doesn't stick past the diameter of the post so the disconnect can still go on.

I did just what you said last night and it worked great. The post slides in smoothly and the o-ring is not being harmed. :ban::mug:

Back