Will it work? Forgot early hops, making bitter hop tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodmojo

Reaction score
1 gal water
1 oz magnum hops
2 cups DME

doing a 60 min boil with a goal of 1/2 gallon boil off. Chilling then adding to under bittered beer. Worth it?or should I have bought some bittering agent ?

image-469105646.jpg

1. what kind of beer are you making?
2. how much bitterness is it supposed to have?
3. look up hop bursting, you can get plenty of bitterness from late addition hops

Sounds like i should jsut taste it. the 20 minute panic dump of all hops may have been sufficient if hop blasting works like some say. I'll taste and decide. Thanks for info

Let us know what happens, but it worked for me. I tried using a small tea infuser for hops in a saison. The hops swelled to water-tight preventing flow through. After the wort was in the fermenter, I made a quart of hop tea with a little lme at 100 IBU. Mixed it in, got good balance.

Update: I ended up reading about hop blasting and decided to not add the hop tea since I had panicked and dumped all of the hops in about 20min before end of boil. It came out great. So there you go, still no legit info on a hop tea other than maybe how to make it unfortunately.

I have successfully made hop tea to bitter an overly sweet beer, it wasn't quite the same but it worked

Latest posts

Back