Will I have enough co2 for my party?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cricky101

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to kegging and have a question about serving. I've got 4 nearly full corny kegs that have been on gas for 3+ weeks and are carbed.

I'm having a party on Saturday and want to be sure I have enough gas left to serve them all.

I weighed my 5lb tank and it came in at 10lbs total. The tare weight is 7.5lbs, so if I understand it right, I've got 2.5lbs left in the tank. Will that be enough to serve the 4 full (already carbed) kegs?

I was debating just swapping it for a full tank to be safe, but if 2.5lbs will last for the party I'll wait. I just don't want to run out right in the middle of the party and haven't been able to scoop up a second tank on craig's list yet.

It should be plenty enough, and will last longer than the party. Unless you have a leak somewhere...

Too late, but I was going to say you'd be fine. I was in the exact same position on Saturday...5lb co2 tank and I had about 2.3lbs left based on the tare weight. I brought 4 kegs, but we only ended up kicking 2.

I also have a keg charger that runs 8g co2 cartridges. If it takes only 2 of them (16g) to push 5G, 2.3lbs of co2 would be way enough.

Back