Will be still be good roughly 10 months from now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeeAliceBrewery

Reaction score
During the summer months my weekends are filled with camping. My thought is this winter I will brewing like crazy to keep my cooler stocked at the camper all summer. My question is...if I keep my beer in a cool basement out of the light...will they still be good to drink up to August of next year? I will be doing mostly session beers...cream ales, pale ales, wheats.

I routinely keep homebrew in my closet for several years, although mostly styles that lend themselves to aging like barleywine, stouts, and other high abv beers. Sure a pale ale will be fine to drink after aging for 10 months, but your hop aroma will take a big hit. The colder you can keep them, the better chance you have of preserving those flavors.

Basic brews will keep fine. I routinely save brews from Feb or March for my Oktoberfest party. The only brews that will suffer are hoppy beers and flavored beers (fruit, coffee, chocolate, etc). Those flavors will dissipate over time.

Back