Will a heating element fit in the Stout HLT with a HERMS coil?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
Im looking into upgrading my HLT to the 19.8 Gal.Hot Liquor Tank with HERMS Coil & Sight Glass from Stout Tanks. What I cant figure out that is if an electric element will fit in there with all of the other stuff. Anyone have any experience with this? THanks!

Ask John for a quote at Stout Tanks. I ordered it and they have a build for the HERMS and electric (float port, etc). Just detail what you want.

The simple answer is yes it does. I use 5500w triclamp ripple elements in my stout 3 vessel HERMs. Just make sure John knows where you're installing the element so the HERMs support legs don't interfere with it.

Do you have any pictures of it?

The simple answer is yes it does. I use 5500w triclamp ripple elements in my stout 3 vessel HERMs. Just make sure John knows where you're installing the element so the HERMs support legs don't interfere with it.

Amazing build man! Thanks for the pic I see what you mean now. The element basically slides through the legs of the HERMS coil. Meanwhile how did you adapt the triclamp fittings on the elements?!

There are some on page 24 of my build thread (link below)

Back