Wild Brewberry Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esmitee

Reaction score
Just did a 5 gal batch of a Wild Blueberry Ale....UMMMMMMMMM
My own recipe and I used 8 lbs 11 OZ of the wild blueberries. I picked the berries at the campground I have a seasonal site. I was picking , like 2 20oz WaWa coffee cups a day. And right after picking, I popped the full cups in the freezer till I had the amount i needed. The wild berries around me here in S Jersey are very small in size, but are sweet and kinda gritty. They are good anyway.

I let my beer ferment for 2 weeks in the primary,in my temp controlled freezer, then crash cooled for 2 more days. Thawed out berries in a bath of that tablet that begins with the letter M? The kind to kill wild yeast and some other bacteria, chlorine, etc, put them in a colander to drain, and refreeze them, thawed them out, diced them up in my wife's food processor and dumped into a bucket sized mesh bag liner in a 7 and a half gal bucket. I then racked my beer over the berries. Another 8 days in that bucket and done.

Now check the color out !!!! It kinda looks like red wine, But tastes real good after being carbed up!

20151006_204052.jpg

20151006_203940.jpg

20151006_204021.jpg

20151006_204039.jpg

Back