Wifi/battery powered monitoring device

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCTetreault

Reaction score
my friend Jay is developing a wifi, battery operated remote monitoring device (...you can use it with a bunch of of different sensors: air temperature, liquid temperature, humidity, window/door operation, movement/vibration, liquid presence).

The idea of getting geeking out on continuous temp updates, having it record my fermenting beer makes me feel all warm and squishy inside. (hopefully I'll get a prototype to play with soon) I've been using the BCS-460 controller for ferm/temp control, and I'm constantly checking fermenter temps on my phone/during work (oops) during the critical first few days vs. ambient temps. Anyway, thought folks here might be interested in it as its currently designed, ie. maybe for monitoring/data logging various brewery operations on both during the brew day (ie. what's the temp over the course of a mash, during the sparge) and of course during fermentation or during a cold crash. Aside from the gee-whiz factor, being able to setting up warning/alerts might actually save a batch from the drain. Sure would be nice to get an email notification if your fridge/freezer quit on you and temp started to spike.

so, check it out, he'd love your feedback (and support, of course):
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/52038469/knut-stay-connected/backers

cheers, JC

Back