Wife's beer taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill05

Reaction score
This is a great compliment. Just now my wife opened a Sam Adams something or other after drinking one of my brown ales and she couldn't stand it. She said, and I quote, "I think my tastes have become more refined after drinking your beer". I believe I married a keeper!!!

I wish I could get something like that...tonight I was lucky and got to hear "its the same as all your beers taste...pretty good at first and then a bitterness that reminds me why I hate beer." Haha...i'm with overflow...multiply my friend and teach those kids how to brew.

My wife would only drink Coors Light for the longest time. It bothered me and I kept trying to brew something that she would like. Finally, I brewed up a plain light ale and told her "This is your last chance. If you don't like this, then I'm never brewing anything for you to try again." She actually liked it! Since then I brew about 20G of "Last Chance Light Ale" every year for her.

Mine is also a Coors Light drinker. She said a few weeks ago that if I could produce for her a brew she liked, she would be right in there helping me brew.

Well, I bottled a Blonde Ale yesterday. Her only comment on sampling was, “Wow, just add some fizz.” I went for a 2.6 Co2 level. Wish me luck.

We have multiplied twice! My wife is a big IPA fan so hopefully the one I plan on brewing this weekend satisfies her.

My wife doesn't drink beer. She just doesn't like it at all. I've gotten her to try some beers that weren't very flavorful, but had some fruit flavor in them and she thinks they're OK, but only if she's had a bit to drink already.

She doesn't care that I brew though and doesn't complain about the extra refrigerator and freezer that are in our dining room, so she's definitely a keeper.

Right from my 1st brew,my wife has liked my beer better than store bought. She's very vocal about it. She'd ask me if we're going to have my beer when it's our "together time" to watch webcasts & such. When I say "yes",she shakes her fists,smiles,& says "yes! yes!". You gotta love that...so much so that she brewed her 1st batch on National Home Brewer's day! Got bottled yesterday.:rockin:

My wife doesn't drink beer. She just doesn't like it at all. I've gotten her to try some beers that weren't very flavorful, but had some fruit flavor in them and she thinks they're OK, but only if she's had a bit to drink already.

She doesn't care that I brew though and doesn't complain about the extra refrigerator and freezer that are in our dining room, so she's definitely a keeper.

Hey, you're an audio engineer too? I do some of that myself, but I'm going back to school cause jobs are just not found in that industry. Have you worked on anything I might have heard?

My wife hate all my beer, but she helped my brew one last weekend that named after her" green eyed jenni" its a blonde ale. Im hoping she likes it but im not geting my hopes up. Yestday she got mad at me for drinking to much (3 beers in 2 hours lastnight and one at meals every other day or so)

Swmbo has an apa as a house brew, and will try just about anything, now...big change from busch light! She helped on one brew, but dont think that will happen again...i think she likes having 4 hrs to herself haha

I am still trying to decide if it would be better if my wife didn't drink beer. She drinks more of the homebrew than I do. She likes Cream Stouts and really dark beers.

sounds alot like my wife when I got into espresso. We go to starbucks or really any coffee place and it's a given that the espresso isn't up to par compared to our house. Haven't had that comment about beer for awhile, but I think it's because I don't buy anything other than craft beer. Now if she took a sip of Pliny and said, "bleh - yours is much better", I'd love it (she'd be lying, but still).

My wife helps plan, brew, and drink my beer. She loves brewing almost as much as I do. WE are planning on build a 'brewery' in the back yard when we move to our new place.

Mine does not drink beer, and generally doesn't drink any alcohol at all. She WILL on occasion have a Mike's hard lemonade, or a glass of white wine (she won't actually finish either one though).
My ex-fiance liked beer but I wasn't brewing back then and we don't talk now. My wife, though, has been married to drunks and drunks who were physically abusive -so I'm just happy as punch that she doesn't mind my brewing (and will actually ask why I'm NOT brewing when I have a dry-spell and don't feel like starting the brewery up).
I love her dearly, but would like it if she would enjoy my brews -another thing to share and all that, you know.

My theory on getting a significant other into brew is to just let it happen. Lots of people try to brew fruit beers and low gravity belgian beers trying to get people into beer, but people like what they like. I spent a year brewing crappy low gravity stuff for my wife, then she tried a sip of a super bitter IPA and was like "man this is good". She likes a few stouts, some super hoppy DIPAs, and dark belgian quads. I wish I could pinpoint exactly what she will like, but I cant so I just brew what I want and she likes some and not others.

The only brews I've gotten my wife to enjoy are the blonde and cream ales that I brew. The hops are what turn her off.. Although she is very very slowly getting there hop wise as long as it's still a lighter beer. I think I'm conditioning her to it by brewing the same cream ale over and over and adding a touch more hops each time. :).

Back